God Botherers - 'Fess Up!

76 watchers
Sep 2020
8:37pm, 3 Sep 2020
6,372 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
I’m glad to hear that Phil. It’s always good to have answers to prayer.
Sep 2020
8:56pm, 3 Sep 2020
6,374 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
I’d value prayer please for a very good friend of mine who introduced me to parkrun and regular running again after illness.

His name is Roger, and earlier this year he was diagnosed with lung cancer, which subsequently spread to bone and brain.

He had been given about a year or so to live, but was told this afternoon that he had just a matter of weeks. He can manage to walk with a frame, but his talking and swallowing has become difficult.

I feel that prayer for peace for Roger and his family would be appreciated, and that suffering would be minimal.

Thank you.
Sep 2020
11:18pm, 3 Sep 2020
4,773 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Praying for Roger and all those close to him.
Sep 2020
6:33am, 4 Sep 2020
1,083 posts
  •  
poppyH
Surrey Phil, so glad saughter is home, that's not a small thing for her to have been through.

ER may they all find peace in his last times.
Sep 2020
8:24am, 4 Sep 2020
12,166 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Adding my prayers for Roger and his family x
RFJ
Sep 2020
10:18am, 4 Sep 2020
4,374 posts
  •  
RFJ
Good to hear Phil

Praying ER

Prayers also needed here, with my MS, I was formally removed from my substantive role yesterday on Occ Health Grounds and placed on to the re-deployment list for 3 months and if no role available will be release on Ill Health severance.... so need to find a role. work are being great, and I maintain my wages during the process (as would have dropped to half pay as still on the sick in two weeks) Thank you
Sep 2020
10:39am, 4 Sep 2020
6,376 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Will do RFJ.
Sep 2020
7:38am, 5 Sep 2020
4,791 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Of course, RFJ. Praying for you also.
Sep 2020
10:42pm, 5 Sep 2020
3,137 posts
  •  
Evangel
ER, I will be praying for your friend Roger, and his family at this difficult time; for you also, as he seems to be quite close to you and so you will be feeling it too.

RFJ, I'm praying for you too. You must be going through an awful time mentally and emotionally. All I can say may appear to be just glib platitudes, but nevertheless true. That is that God whom you trust is in control, and Peter writes, "Casting all your cares upon Him, He cares for you." I pray that you will feel Jesus close by you now and in the months and years to come. He is our burden bearer and shares our sorrows.
Sep 2020
3:08pm, 19 Sep 2020
6,418 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Roger passed away peacefully this morning. His wife and daughter were with him.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave