God Botherers - 'Fess Up!

1 lurker | 76 watchers
May 2020
10:57am, 3 May 2020
3,669 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Service is now on Facebook and YouTube. Both keep freezing so trying to be patient while it sorts itself out. Have a blessed day, everyone.
May 2020
1:41pm, 3 May 2020
5,753 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Ours is via YouTube. For us it worked well, but I understand that others had to log back in to get it to work.
I feel blessed despite some tech problems that we have this resource . There are many smaller churches where not a great deal is happening at all.
Aug 2020
10:12am, 2 Aug 2020
4,557 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
It's been a while now. Just dropping in to see how everyone is doing.

Our church services are still live via Facebook or YouTube. We're starting to invite small numbers to church each Sunday (roughly 30 with no children and everyone socially distanced). My wife and I got our Churchsuite invitations for next Sunday this morning although only one of us will be able to go. Whoever thought that it would come to this?
RFJ
Aug 2020
11:31am, 2 Aug 2020
4,344 posts
  •  
RFJ
Phil,

we are the same, we have save our seat booking system, but there is obviously no worship, so we have opted to stay at home and use the You Tube / Facebook stream.

Enjoyed the CVM "The Gathering - Bunker Edition"

Ref health, I am not in so much as good shape, as signed off work with depression / anxiety linked to my MS, but God is still using me in new ways esp mentoring...

Take care and God Bless <><
Aug 2020
9:01pm, 3 Aug 2020
4,569 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Really sorry to hear that, RFJ. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I have today received my ticket to go to next Sunday's service. I know the guy who sent out the automated e-mail response really well but I had to chuckle:

"Thank you for signing up to attend our family worship service, this coming Sunday. Unfortunately, not everyone will be able to join with us, but enjoy seeing those people who will be there.

If you are heard to be singing you will be asked to stop, but I want to encourage you to come expectant to meet with God and hear Him speak to you as we worship. Arms raised in worship and knees bowed in praise aren't discouraged and it is good to be physically together in Gods presence."
Aug 2020
11:21pm, 3 Aug 2020
3,118 posts
  •  
Evangel
We had an open-air service last Sunday afternoon/evening on the lawn in front of the church; we're a fairly small fellowship, so we accommodated everyone who wished to come in 2 shifts of about 20 people. It was good to actually see people physically, rather than just the Zoom version; we were of course socially distanced.
Aug 2020
11:59pm, 3 Aug 2020
10,237 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Can you lease hold my father in law Stuart in your prayers. He’s been battling dementia for a few years but his condition has accelerated since lockdown. It now appears that his death is imminent. He’s always been a man of faith and served as a warden at Worksop Priory for many years until he had to forego his driving licence.
Aug 2020
6:50am, 4 Aug 2020
12,333 posts
  •  
Markymarkmark
Of course, Joopsy.
Aug 2020
8:39am, 4 Aug 2020
6,270 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Certainly. I’ve just read your latest blogs so I really hope that despite the issues with your Father in Law that you get some time to relax with your kids too.
Aug 2020
2:48pm, 9 Aug 2020
4,600 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Well, I got my ticket and instructions to go to this morning's first socially distanced service. Not unique but the first at our church. I was a tad pessimistic but it was OK. I was one of 24 invited people plus half-a-dozen band, PA, etc.

Arrived in good time to get temperature-checked and hands sanitised. For all but those leading worship and giving the sermon, face masks were compulsory at all times. The congregation were not permitted to sing and social distancing measures were in place. No shared microphones so no testimonies. No tea/coffee served afterwards either.

On the plus side, I enjoyed the worship better than normal as there were no children around to distract me (my own daughter is usually one of those). It was also great to chat with friends who I have only spoken with via e-mail or Zoom since March.

Even though our congregation is around 150, I was surprised to have another invitation for next Sunday. My wife is unlikely to go under the present circumstances so I might be tempted to go again next week, even with silent worship and a face mask!

PS: I thought it best not to do a blog in case it made church-life look miserable (which of course, it isn't).

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave