Glenmore 12/24

20 watchers
Sep 2014
3:34am, 9 Sep 2014
57 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Haha Happy G, you did - heard the stomping & singing a while back, think I was on my last lap ;) Was nice that a couple of people still managed to see the Fetchie top poking out from under the t-shirt & jacket, definitely gave me a lift! Well done, will hopefully get a proper chat at some point.

Lintie, you and Beth were always a wee bit in front on the first few laps, then I think I was only capable of asking for a bottle opener on Sunday! Massive well done to Beth, lovely girl and chuffed she did so well.

I'll definitely be trying to sign up for 12 again next year - after somehow managing to get the 40 miles, I'll need to get 50 next time :)
Sep 2014
58 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Haha Happy G, you did - heard the stomping & singing a while back, think I was on my last lap ;) Was nice that a couple of people still managed to see the Fetchie top poking out from under the t-shirt & jacket, definitely gave me a lift! Well done, will hopefully get a proper chat at some point.

Lintie, you and Beth were always a wee bit in front on the first few laps, then I think I was only capable of asking for a bottle opener on Sunday! Massive well done to Beth, lovely girl and chuffed she did so well.

I'll definitely be trying to sign up for 12 again next year - after somehow managing to get the 40 miles, I'll need to get 50 next time :)
Sep 2014
59 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
So good I posted twice!
Sep 2014
7:27am, 9 Sep 2014
1,637 posts
  •  
MikeR.
Idle_wilder i was the marshal at the top if the hill on the small loop and I saw you fetch top.
Sep 2014
7:52am, 9 Sep 2014
861 posts
  •  
RedWineRunner
I definitely have no desire to do a 24 hour race. I'm not even 100% sure if I'll do another 12, but we'll see. I'll definitely be at the event next year either way!
Sep 2014
10:06am, 9 Sep 2014
70,917 posts
  •  
santababy
its a great event even if your not running. Although my legs would disagree. i have over 100 bastard midgie bites. Perhaps they didint like my (in tune) singing ;)
Sep 2014
10:58am, 9 Sep 2014
22,725 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I managed a wee blog about it - just a mini blog tho, bit short of time and bit pooped actually! Will have to add all the proper thank yous and post race party stuff later! I've said a lot of thanks in Fetch threads and FB tho. I'll say it again - Sants, your singing and shouting and clapping and cheering, up the hill and at the finish line was a boost every time. Thank you so much. :-) G
Sep 2014
10:59am, 9 Sep 2014
22,726 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?uid=13263&y=2014&m=09#319489 Think that's the link to blog. :-) G
Sep 2014
7:47pm, 10 Sep 2014
153 posts
  •  
mikey_a
Was great to see you all there supporting our wee event and was most pleasantly surprised to see the pirate theme being embraced wholehaaaaaaartedly.

Sorry we couldn't sort the weather out this year, but hopefully see you back there next September where we'll be celebrating our 5th birthday.
Sep 2014
8:22pm, 10 Sep 2014
63 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Oh I will definitely be there next year if I get an entry, mikey_a! Thoroughly enjoyed it, and hugely happy to now be classed as an 'ultra' runner, and at such a great event as well. See you at Glen Ogle! I've ordered the new Fetch vest especially....

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I've entered the 24. Eep! Logic is that I need to practice some night running and after the Fling, ...