Glenmore 12/24

20 watchers
Sep 2014
12:39pm, 8 Sep 2014
70,913 posts
  •  
santababy
Well done! Third is fab. Gutted we missed end of 12 hr as we were still at our Marshall point
Sep 2014
1:30pm, 8 Sep 2014
3,302 posts
  •  
Lintie
Well done Sjjh! Great weekend with the Scottish Ultra family yet again. Loved it, even the hailstones and that hill on the short loop for the last hour. Think I got 52.??, can't remember the last bit.
Sep 2014
3:19pm, 8 Sep 2014
860 posts
  •  
RedWineRunner
51.6 miles I think for me. Enjoyed the race as a whole but I don't think I'm anywhere near as keen on time based races as I am on point-to-point races. When I had some low moments and when things were hurting there was no motivation to push on as I knew it wouldn't matter how quick I went as it wasn't going to be over any quicker!
At least when I was wet and cold I knew the best bet to get warm again and stay warm was to move as quickly as I could. I've never been so wet for so long! Still, I loved the little loops for 45 minutes and I felt like I was running super fast with all the cheering! Probably still glacial though.
Sep 2014
3:53pm, 8 Sep 2014
56 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
I managed 10 laps and ended up with 40.92 by the end. I'm majorly chuffed and it feels unreal, considering I hadn't even run a marathon until just over a month ago! Sports massage later could be interesting, considering I'm moving around like a drunken sloth!

A huge thanks to everyone there for all the help and encouragement - I didn't speak to anywhere near as many of you as I wanted (or maybe did, but didn't realise who you were!). Didn't have a chance to wear my Fetch top on show due to the rain, but still a few other Fetchies who recognised the red & yellow peeping out from under my jacket!

So, same time next year? :)
Sep 2014
5:19pm, 8 Sep 2014
22,716 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Hi idle_wilder - we met on the trail (I spotted your fetchie colours even underneath all the layers we were all wearing!). Lovely to meet you. Very well done you - first ultra is a major achievement. You know you'll be back for more. :-) G
Sep 2014
5:23pm, 8 Sep 2014
22,717 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
And brilliant to see all the usual runners and crews, RWR, Kynon, Dod, santa, Triplet Dad, mrs mac, Duchess and many, many more - well done Lintie (did you know you're number one in mileage chart for Sept?! Think 3 of top 5 are ultra runners!) :-) G
Sep 2014
5:38pm, 8 Sep 2014
3,303 posts
  •  
Lintie
Ah i stuck in my 80 miles from our holiday when i got back on the 1st September Happyg. Hope your feeling ok now. Don't know if we chatted idle-wilder. I tried to speak to everyone.
Sep 2014
6:40pm, 8 Sep 2014
70,914 posts
  •  
santababy
I. Sang to everyone :)
Sep 2014
6:44pm, 8 Sep 2014
3,304 posts
  •  
Lintie
Reach for the stars! Ahhh!
Sep 2014
6:46pm, 8 Sep 2014
2,582 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
That surely makes everybody run faster!!! :-o

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
I've entered the 24. Eep! Logic is that I need to practice some night running and after the Fling, ...