Glastonbury envy - have you got Glastonbury envy?

6 watchers
Jul 2019
8:55am, 1 Jul 2019
28,344 posts
  •  
LindsD
And me, Dooooogs :)
Jul 2019
8:56am, 1 Jul 2019
28,345 posts
  •  
LindsD
We are tagging along next year, if all goes to plan :) We'll be paying and driving, mind.
Jul 2019
10:42am, 1 Jul 2019
627 posts
  •  
tonyp2604
No not really. I went 30 years ago when it was much more affordable and manageable. My daughter is there this year (her third or fourth time I think) - looks terribly sun burnt!
Jul 2019
10:46am, 1 Jul 2019
38,154 posts
  •  
Diogenes
In the bit I saw Robert Smith appeared to be melting. I think he had to leave the stage to re-apply his face.
Jul 2019
10:56am, 1 Jul 2019
10,336 posts
  •  
MazH
Not Glasto envy, too big, and too much........ but I did have IOW envy. Thanks to sky arts for great coverage. (Making out as if I watch Sky Arts a lot! bwhahahaha!)

Erin is going to Transmit in 2 weeks (remove letters as required) (TRNSMT?) in Glasgow. THAT I deffo have envy about, and don't get me started on mother anxiety.
Jul 2019
11:21am, 1 Jul 2019
19,053 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
With Wriggler on that. Last 30 minutes were the least interesting of the set. Love the stuff from Disintegration.

Wonder how many folk would clock it was Robert Smith if he went out dressed normal and without the hair/make up.
Jul 2019
11:26am, 1 Jul 2019
38,158 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Camping, portaloos, thousand of peoples (many beyond help or sympathy), rain and mud or sunburn and dehydration, lots of terrible music and terrible sound systems, rip-off food and drink prices, security guards. It's very similar to an internment camp for refugees but with worse music. Most of the headliners seem to be has-beens, only-temporarily beings, or never-should've beens. No, no envy at all.

(Awaits Joopsy's response)

Seriously though, it seems like you have to make a lot of allowances for the conditions, like watching park football in the middle of winter.
Jul 2019
12:23pm, 1 Jul 2019
552 posts
  •  
Albert O Balsam
After the The Killers on Sat night I watched the Wu Tang Clan, principally as they're supposed to be hugely influential to the rap scene. Coudln't see it myself - they just seemed to be angry about something or other.

On the other hand, the section with the BBC reporter going through something called 'The Meat Market' and saying things like "Excuse me Sir, are you having a good time?' was hilarious (Probably NSFW if you do decide to look for it)
Jul 2019
8:26pm, 3 Jul 2019
9,388 posts
  •  
Joopsy
The day I go to festivals just for the headliners Dio is the day I stop discovering music.

Glasto more than anywhere has something for everyone for the entire weekend, sadly too many people fall into the Daily Mail belief that it is just full of the rich middle classes and vegan eco warriors and just take what they see on TV to be representative of the entire thing.

I get that festivals are not for everybody, but this one doesn't tend to attract the football crowds that the likes of Leeds and T in the park do.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dooogs
Every year (apart from the fallow ones) - even if Stormzy sounds alarmingly like Big Shaq a lot of t...