Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Glasgow-Edinburgh Double Marathon

• events
  • marathon
  • scotland
  • ultra
1 lurker | 35 watchers
Apr 2013
1:08pm, 7 Apr 2013
2097 posts
The Rentboy
Tricia - i saw you just as we were leaving Falkirk. Couldn't wait any longer - sorry. I would have given you a heckle but your number was on your back before we noticed you. Then a friend saw you at Linlithgow CP but again i was just away to next one.
Well done on grinding it out - It's not an easy race.
Apr 2013
6:38pm, 7 Apr 2013
19 posts
tricialitt
Now I'm wondering why I was being such a wimp at 40 miles- honestly, I could so easily have just stayed sitting at the CP. I am so glad I didn't- just the achievement of getting the first 50 miler done was what kept me going- if there had been a CP at 51 miles, that might have been different, but there was no way out other than via the finish line at that point. I think next time (if there is a next time) will be easier, as I was quite anxious about the distance all day, not knowing how I would feel at that point- now I know I can do it.
Mar 2017
4:55pm, 15 Mar 2017
13315 posts
Dvorak
Anyone running it this year? (Spotted Nelski on the entry list). 1st April, 3 days left to enter.

Towpath resurfacing continues, the often squidgy bit after the big tunnel amongst the bits done, and the tunnel itself has a new interactive lighting experience (which gave me considerable amusement last week).
Mar 2017
5:54pm, 15 Mar 2017
3598 posts
kstuart
Hmm good to know the muddy bit beyond the tunnel is getting dealt with. Its where i usually lose most time as i cant make decent progress throu there cos it so manky.

Just need to be fit enough to run that far so maybe in a year or two
Mar 2017
8:15pm, 15 Mar 2017
10979 posts
Bazoaxe
A sttretch inside the last 1/4 mile is shut which will be a pain as there is a diversion down to dundee street

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

Close