Gigs

1 lurker | 47 watchers
Oct 2022
11:59pm, 15 Oct 2022
25,787 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
Just got back Linds, I’m absolutely blown away by what I’ve heard. Extraordinary. Never seen so many people walking out going just wow.

I love those songs, but it was incredible what extra layers of sound the conductor could wring from them armed with a full orchestra, and they rotated 3 different vocalists who all provided their own interpretation of Ian’s words in their own differing styles.

One of the vocalists was a 17 year old girl introduced as doing her ‘second ever professional gig’ (the first was the same show yesterday in Manchester, and jaws were dropping everywhere when she sang. I’ll be keeping tabs on her, I’d love to hear her sing again.

It was a bit of a 😭fest at times, and I feel pretty spent now, but that was so very special. If anyone has any affinity for Joy Division’s music and they do the orchestrated show (nb not just Peter Hook and Light) then just go. You won’t regret it.
Oct 2022
6:53am, 16 Oct 2022
6,020 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
I was at PSB at Troxys on Thursday. Brilliant show as ever. Thought the wind section was on good form.
Lovely venue too.
Oct 2022
8:38am, 16 Oct 2022
57,490 posts
  •  
LindsD
Sounds amazing TRO. I would love to see that.

Agree Pete
Oct 2022
2:30pm, 18 Oct 2022
25,801 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
I seem to have caught the live music big properly again.

93Million Miles from the Sun, Sheffield, November and Emily Jane White, London, December. Both will be logistically challenging but I’ve wanted to see them for a long time so will find a way.

Both will be small intimate shows and £8.50 for one and £15.50 for the other, incl booking fee.

Happy days!
Oct 2022
9:03pm, 21 Oct 2022
11,650 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Pup in Brum institute tonight, I even managed to get my daughter in to see the sound check. Although it felt a bit awkward, just two of us and the sound man in a 2000 capacity venue.
Nov 2022
10:49pm, 1 Nov 2022
21,532 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
Saw the excellent but slightly nerdy The Wave Pictures last night and rather jolly it was.

Gaz Coombes on Thursday.
Nov 2022
6:17am, 2 Nov 2022
11,660 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Love Gaz Coombes chief.
Nov 2022
12:01pm, 3 Nov 2022
4,126 posts
  •  
z1000jeff
Love The Wave Pictures. That David Tatersall knows his way around a fretboard, doesn't he ?
Nov 2022
7:49pm, 3 Nov 2022
11,661 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Next up for me is Bug Club and Holiday Ghosts in Leicester. Two superb bands.
Nov 2022
10:50am, 6 Nov 2022
15,460 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Was at the 02 last night - the Sherlocks, The Fratellis and Kaiser Cheifs

The Sherlocks were great, Fratellis were phenomenal and the Kaiser Cheifs (who have seen several times) were dire. Ricky was not right, not sure whether drink, drugs or health, but could hardly stand, couldn't sing and kept forgetting words. We left after half an hour - never done that before. Lots of comments all over social media and so uncomfortable to watch. I really hope they release a statement as to what was happening as he should never have been allowed on stage

About This Thread

Maintained by Joopsy
A place to talk about upcoming gigs or reviews on ones recently attended. I'm also keen to hear...