Gigs

47 watchers
Nov 2021
2:39pm, 28 Nov 2021
14,399 posts
  •  
Badger
Big_G I saw The Darkness a couple of years back and enjoyed it way more than I was expecting to - very very tight, some good tunes in there, great stage act and presentation, knowing the whole act is a joke but at the same time taking it seriously enough to do it very very professionally indeed.
Nov 2021
3:01pm, 28 Nov 2021
553 posts
  •  
Fields
LindsD - ha the same sentiments, I like them too
Nov 2021
3:01pm, 28 Nov 2021
51,115 posts
  •  
LindsD
:)
Nov 2021
7:14pm, 28 Nov 2021
11,202 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Checkout Working men’s club if you haven’t already fields.
Nov 2021
12:27am, 29 Nov 2021
20,149 posts
  •  
flanker
So do yo recommend Life live? They're playing at the Trades, but it's a manic weekend so in two minds? But at £8 a ticket...

Dreadzone the same week, but I'll be going alone to that if I go.
Nov 2021
9:04am, 29 Nov 2021
11,203 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Excellent band, Mez the frontman is a proper character.
Nov 2021
1:14pm, 29 Nov 2021
20,152 posts
  •  
flanker
👍
Nov 2021
3:58pm, 29 Nov 2021
598 posts
  •  
Fields
Enjoying Working Mens Club - thanks Joopsy!
Nov 2021
6:13pm, 29 Nov 2021
11,205 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Thought you might if you like that sort of thing.

Have you tried Django Django?
Nov 2021
8:04am, 30 Nov 2021
1,270 posts
  •  
Big_G
The Darkness were really superb last night. They sounded great, played all the hits, and 3 or 4 of what I think are the best tracks off the new album. Hawkins is a real character, and I just find him really naturally funny, and there was lots of interaction with lots of interaction with the crowd. It seems to me they probably know they're very lucky doing what they're doing, but they know how to play, they are very tight as a band, they seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves, and I think they know what they're good at. There was one moment when the drummer broke the pedal on the base drum, so the drum tech had to come out and fix it between songs, and they did a kind of improv encouraging the crowd to let Elliot (the drum tech) know how awesome he was :) My girlfriend, being something of a fitness-class pro, was very impressed with Hawkins when he did a headstand on the base drum, whilst moving his legs very quickly in time of to the music. "That takes some doing!", she exclaimed. I concurred. They played their Xmas hit for the encore. "Too early for all that!", I hear you cry, and usually I would agree, but they came out in oversized Xmas outfits and I think the drummer couldn't really see what he was doing any more. Of course, Justin was in a skimpy Santa outfit and I pretty sure he wore similar when I last saw the min 2003. 18 years ago. Crikey.

Anyway, reading all that back, I guess you probably had to be there ;) But, we had a great night, and left with a big smile on our faces.

I don't sit there all night taking pics (promise!), but I had to grab this one. Again, I guess you probably had to be there.

About This Thread

Maintained by Joopsy
A place to talk about upcoming gigs or reviews on ones recently attended. I'm also keen to hear...