Gigs

47 watchers
Feb 2021
1:34pm, 26 Feb 2021
48,734 posts
  •  
McGoohan
As expected (but I'm glad they didn't hold on to the last minute and then cancel)

We can now confirm that The Great Escape 2021 will no longer be taking place in Brighton this year, however, we will be taking The Great Escape online for the first time. On 13th – 14th May 2021 you can expect a huge snapshot of the best new artists showcasing their talents, plus The Great Escape Conference featuring the CMU conference strands, keynote speakers, panels, talks and debates as well as dedicated facilities for the industry to come together and network – just without the sea air and dashing between our beloved venues into the early hours…

TGE Ticket holders will be sent a special loyalty discount link to participate in TGE Online. If you don’t currently have a TGE ticket and want to join TGE Online you can purchase a ticket here. More info about TGE Online will be released very soon….

We’ll be back next year in real life on 11th-14th May 2022 and as usual, you will be able to buy a festival ticket or delegate pass.

If you are a TGE21 or TGE20 ticket holder you can choose to roll your tickets over to next year OR you can request a refund from the ticket agent that you purchased with.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank the NHS for their extraordinary efforts in rolling out the vaccine, as well as thanking all of you for your patience and we look forward to being together again in 2022 for our belated 15th birthday. It’s going to be a HUGE celebration.

We’ll see you online in May 2021 and on the beach in 2022.

Team TGE x
Feb 2021
1:45pm, 26 Feb 2021
5,941 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
Thanks McGoohan, this email appeared in my inbox about ArcTanGent, the alternative/math rock festival I went to a couple of years ago.

Hey Summer lovers - In case you missed the news ATG 2021 is GO!!!

After the freaking awesome news on Monday, that festivals & events will be able to return from the 21st June, we're here to tell you that we are now FULL. STEAM. AHEAD for ATG 2021 this August & we've got a cheeky little flash sale for you to celebrate! ⚡️🎉🎉🎉

We've already had a massive flurry of ticket sales since Monday night & we're well on the way to a sell out year (imagine that)? But if you're 1 of the few that haven't got your tickets yet, we're giving you an additional 10% OFF your tickets till the end of the week! Don't hang about if you wanna guarantee your place at ATG.

All aboard the smash train! 🙂🚂🚂🚂 🎉🍺

20% OFF FULL PRICE TICKETS
To celebrate "The return of fun" head on over to our Gigantic ticket page & enter Summerlovin2021 as a promo code to get an additional 10% off. But only till midnight on Sunday.

Or alternatively you can still pick up an Instalment ticket & pay by montly Direct Debit if you wanna spread the cost. Click here for Instalment tickets.

We'll be in touch soon with a load more updates, but until then, sit tight, keep listening to the advice from the experts, stick to the rules for a little while longer & we'll see you in the fields before you know it.

Stay safe, go easy on yourselves, and let's all have a massive party in August.

We seriously can't wait...
Big love from ATG HQ

SEE YOU IN AUGUST

OUR 2021 LINE UP

arctangent.co.uk
Feb 2021
1:53pm, 26 Feb 2021
48,735 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I can see how that one would happen (and any like it) if they're on a big field somewhere, but The Great Escape is mainly in pubs and clubs around Brighton. Very tight spaces.
Feb 2021
1:54pm, 26 Feb 2021
29,336 posts
  •  
Hendo
I'm calling a Fetchie mosh pit at a gig tbc in July. Who's in?
Feb 2021
2:00pm, 26 Feb 2021
10,619 posts
  •  
Joopsy
*nods*
Feb 2021
2:10pm, 26 Feb 2021
45,305 posts
  •  
LindsD
I just got one about a local festival in July with fairly big headliners. That vaccine is doing some pretty heavy lifting. I can't see it myself. And I won't be going.

Grumpy and pessimistic of Ealing
Feb 2021
2:15pm, 26 Feb 2021
48,736 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Even preCovid I'd only enter a moshpit in a full deep sea diver's outfit. I was going to say 'Zorbing ball' but I'd just get bounced around the place.

*Antisocial of Redhill*
Feb 2021
2:17pm, 26 Feb 2021
45,307 posts
  •  
LindsD
:) this festival brings people in by bus from a local town. I just can't see it. And has toilet queues. Of course.
Feb 2021
2:54pm, 26 Feb 2021
10,620 posts
  •  
Joopsy
I may get tickets for Victorious in August as it’s totally outdoors. Once I get a vaccine I’m going to lick Hendos face for a week.
Feb 2021
11:50am, 27 Feb 2021
29,337 posts
  •  
Hendo
...and I shall accept gratefully

About This Thread

Maintained by Joopsy
A place to talk about upcoming gigs or reviews on ones recently attended. I'm also keen to hear...