Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Gigs

34 watchers
19 Nov
5:27pm, 19 Nov 2020
19562 posts
flanker
We've got pretty full year of gigs in 2021, including a couple of festivals, nearly all carried forwards from this year.

If we get a couple of them I'll be happy.

In theory Jim Bob at The Trades on the 4th Dec is still happening. I somehow doubt it's going to!
24 Nov
3:59pm, 24 Nov 2020
5197 posts
The Scribbler
Not a gig, but a theatre show saga. I bought a ticket to see Matthew Bourne's Red Shoes in May, and when that didn't happen, I got offered the choice of a refund or transferring my ticket to another Matthew Bourne show in May next year.

This week the theatre announced that the dates have changed and did I want to swap again, or get a refund. I opted to swap again and got a confirmation of a date in 2022!

I originally bought the ticket with money my mum gave for Christmas/birthday in 2019. It's going to be a long time until I can claim my gift :-)

I'll be very happy when I can book to see a gig or performance that I can be reasonably sure will go ahead.
24 Nov
4:00pm, 24 Nov 2020
42794 posts
LindsD
:( I know. I'm looking at my rescheduled April gigs and thinking 'hm...'
24 Nov
7:13pm, 24 Nov 2020
5900 posts
Southcoastpete
I actually got to see a gig the weekend before lockdown, at the Dome in Brighton.

A fund raiser for the smaller venues in the city. 4 local bands, with one name I remember as Projector.

We sat at cabaret style tables in front of the stage, face masks needed at all time. Drinks could be ordered via an app, and then served at your table. You could take your mask off to drink..

Fantastic to actually see bands in live action, but sitting was a bit of a chore.

Great night though ,and all finished by 10pm.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Joopsy
A place to talk about upcoming gigs or reviews on ones recently attended. I'm also keen to hear...

Close