GFA Qualifying Races

1 watcher
Nov 2013
6:04pm, 1 Nov 2013
5 posts
  •  
cerid
I plan to have a go at GFA qualification in 2014 and just looking at races it occurred to me that I don't know which races VMLM will accept. Is it just anything UKA licensed? The thing that got me started was this note in the Rotary Shakespeare marathon's information (note that they started the sentence with "because", not me!):

"Because part of the course (the Greenway) is off-road, entrants who wish to use their times to qualify for major international races should consult the organisers of those races to ascertain whether their times in the Rotary Shakespeare Marathon will be accepted for qualification"
Nov 2013
6:24pm, 1 Nov 2013
1,108 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Doesn't the VLM website have a list of qualifying races?
Nov 2013
7:35pm, 1 Nov 2013
314 posts
  •  
twelveone
I think you're too late for 2014: virginmoneylondonmarathon.com

Need to have applied by 9th July.
Nov 2013
7:51pm, 1 Nov 2013
16,929 posts
  •  
KinkyS
I've used Shakespeare as GFA in the past...

Twelevone, I think Cerid means having a go at the GFA time next year, not doing London next year :-)
Nov 2013
7:59pm, 1 Nov 2013
315 posts
  •  
twelveone
oh yeah. duh...
Nov 2013
9:21pm, 1 Nov 2013
6 posts
  •  
cerid
Yes, just want to come out of 2014 having had a go; if I don't get it then I haven't got it, nothing changes :)

@Tarahumara, no, it just says "If you've already run a full marathon in a particularly fast time, you might qualify for an automatic 'good for age' entry into the 2014 Virgin Money London Marathon" which is open ended but perhaps not hugely informative.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by cerid
I plan to have a go at GFA qualification in 2014 and just looking at races it occurred to me that I ...