Getting Stitches Out

1 watcher
Apr 2012
7:08pm, 16 Apr 2012
723 posts
  •  
Fat Lazy Elephant
Hmmm, be careful doing it on your own!

I once got hit by a car when I was on my bike, landed on my face (glasses crashed, all t-shirt soaked in blood etc) and I had quite a big and deep wound under my eye and 36 stiches. They arranged an appointment for me to take them out a few days later and they stressed it was vitally imoprtant to take them out on that very day and not other. When I had them taken out I went home and noticed some blue strings in there and I got scared they hadn't noticed or something. So I took them out myself! I ended up with an even bigger than original wound but thought it was better than having some "foreign bodies" grown into my face forever lol. Apparently those blue strings were meant to be there, they were made from some material that disolves on its own. Why didn't they tell me that???

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gymfreak
I currently have 1 or 2 tiny little stitches in my neck. I need to get them out at the beginning of ...