Getting started programs?

1 watcher
asc
Jan 2013
12:05pm, 22 Jan 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
asc
Anyone point me to some simple getting started programs? I will be in the gym for around 45 mins after work 5 days a week whether i like it or not (work and traffic is putting paid to that. I train 3 days a week with weights already but would like to incorporate an early evening run on a treadmill with that. I have ran quite a bit but years ago and am looking for something to get me up to a decent 5-7 miles per day. Any pointers or links?

Nice to meet y'all too!

Alan
Jan 2013
12:24pm, 22 Jan 2013
9,796 posts
  •  
runner duck
someone who knows better will probably be along in a moment. i didn't do it myself but i believe the 'couch to 5k program on the runners world site is good.

welcome to fetch and good luck!! :)
asc
Jan 2013
1:04pm, 22 Jan 2013
2 posts
  •  
asc
Thanks for the reply! Yes i have looked briefly at the runners world site, but was hoping to get involved in something within this site/forum? Like the thought of being part of something :)

I will take a look at some of the runners world programs, many thanks !!
asc
Jan 2013
1:08pm, 22 Jan 2013
3 posts
  •  
asc
Actually think i have found one that looks nice, any thoughts?

runnersworld.co.uk
Jan 2013
1:08pm, 22 Jan 2013
1,586 posts
  •  
Mykey
Welcome to Fetch asc.

Have a look at these threads

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=51279

This one is abit old but might give you a few pointers and might be worth reviving

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=46792

Good luck!
asc
Jan 2013
6:14pm, 22 Jan 2013
4 posts
  •  
asc
Well, this morning i went and did a weight session, registered here and was that keen that i even went back (!!) the gym to complete my first run. 4 miles in (cough, cough..) minutes. Killer even going slow and walking a few times....but miles covered so all happy!!!
Jan 2013
6:48pm, 22 Jan 2013
9,498 posts
  •  
Girlie
I followed the RW beginners programme as part of my rehab programme following knee surgery and found it worked for me. I'm now trying to build on that and am up to around 5 miles continuous running.
asc
Jan 2013
7:21pm, 22 Jan 2013
5 posts
  •  
asc
Hi Girlie, thanks for the pointer...i will look at the beginners programme to :) For now i will try to stick to the one i linked to but i might be a bit over-excited...remembering fitter days and thinking i am still that fit!!! See how it goes, but i think being active in a forum like this might be a great motivation :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Anyone point me to some simple getting started programs? I will be in the gym for around 45 mins af...