Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Gentle back stretching exercises

1 watcher
Aug 2019
8:33am, 31 Aug 2019
1628 posts
RunningRonnie
So 2.5 weeks ago I took a tumble down the stairs. I hit the bottom right of my back very hard. For 2 days I could not move under my own steam. Doctor gave me strong painkillers and told me that it was muscle injury and the way forward was to get moving, but it would take time.

I very slowly got moving and quite often I'd get this agonising pain that felt like I'd been stabbed with a burning hot knife (not exaggerating).

Now it's still a bit sore, but I can walk much easier. Actions that caused the agony previously now just feel a little tight and sore, but not too bad. Turning over in bed is still a challenge.

Left foot forward means I feel the pain a little, so I'd like to work on this. Bending is not too bad, so maybe I can work on that too.

Is it worth getting the physio? Don't know how long that will take to get an appointment though, so anyone got a link to gentle stretching exercises meanwhile?
jda
Aug 2019
10:54am, 31 Aug 2019
5069 posts
jda
Mackenzie works for me (and apparently many others).

Eg the first google hit:
epainassist.com

But take it gently. I am not a physio.
Aug 2019
2:25pm, 31 Aug 2019
1629 posts
RunningRonnie
Thanks I'll take a look.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by RunningRonnie
So 2.5 weeks ago I took a tumble down the stairs. I hit the bottom right of my back very hard. For 2...