BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Gels in hand lugagge

2 watchers
Aug 2012
1:25pm, 28 Aug 2012
9093 posts
Pootle
My husband got through security at Heathrow last year with a 1.5 liter bottle filled with water!

Gels will be classed as any other liquids/pastes are. So long as they are less than 100 ml, in a clear zip locked back and nothing is overlapping with anything else in the bag you'll be fine.

direct.gov.uk

Is there a particular reason you don't want to put them in your hold luggage?
Aug 2012
2:16pm, 28 Aug 2012
10603 posts
RuthB2
I lost most of the goody bag the year I ran Loch Ness marathon. Only had hand luggage with me, and forgot about the goody bag, and so my jar of Baxters marmalade, packet of soup and bottle of water go lined up at security alongside several identical items - obviously a fair few marthon runners had done the same thing!
Aug 2012
3:17pm, 28 Aug 2012
206 posts
Fitz
Is there a particular reason you don't want to put them in your hold luggage?

Only that I have no hold luggage! Travelling light...

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fitz
Does anyone know if the jobsworths at BAA airports count unopened sealed gels as part of the "liqui...