GB Ultra Thames Trot 50

30 watchers
Feb 2012
6:57pm, 1 Feb 2012
176 posts
  •  
Avon
Mr K, if you fmail me your email address I can send you copies of the maps from previous years (it's the same route).
Feb 2012
9:05pm, 1 Feb 2012
2,917 posts
  •  
Mr. K.
Thanks Avon & have done.
Feb 2012
9:58pm, 1 Feb 2012
866 posts
  •  
Gritts
Very nice MS. See you at the start. I reckon Giggles will do the storming :)
Feb 2012
2:09pm, 2 Feb 2012
167 posts
  •  
Giggles
Who me?? Was nearly not making it at all after I picked up some weird calf / ankle niggle on Tuesday...but just ran a few gentle miles and seems ok...I am sure 50 miles will sort it out...that is direct from the Ogee school of medicine ;-) Not sure what to expect as will be my first race since September. Aiming to go out steady and have some fun...will probably get carried away with others around me though. Will check what number I am and let you know as would be good to meet a few more Fetchies :-)
Feb 2012
1:00pm, 3 Feb 2012
168 posts
  •  
Giggles
Gritts, I will no longer be on the train. Staying with my parents now the night before and will get a lift to the start. Looks like I am Nos. 212 for tomorrow. Praying that the wind does not get up and create serious wind chill!! Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow...remember those hats, gloves, etc. :-)
Feb 2012
1:13pm, 3 Feb 2012
17,991 posts
  •  
ogee
Good luck to you all running this tomorrow, hopefully the trains will berunning normally after todays derailment, I know it's a different line but this is Britain you know.

Don't worry about the calf/ankle niggle too much Giggles, just remember its only a flesh wound ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4
Feb 2012
1:26pm, 3 Feb 2012
178 posts
  •  
Avon
bbc.co.uk

"The villages of Benson in Oxfordshire... saw some of the coldest temperatures this winter during the night".

Remind me, where was Checkpoint 2?
Feb 2012
1:34pm, 3 Feb 2012
14 posts
  •  
RogLS128
Hi everyone goodluck running this tomorrow.

At least you will be running to keep warm! Me and Maria will be at CP2 to see you lovely lot through and then move onto CP5.

So we expect to see all of you going through there as well! ;o)

See you tomorrow in registration

Roger
Feb 2012
3:06pm, 3 Feb 2012
674 posts
  •  
Hamish84
I am supporting exflyboy, specifically giving a cheer to all Reading Joggers I know, and will also shout out at all Fetchies. I will be at Scours Lane, just before Caversham, Thames Valley Park, Sonning Bridge, Shiplake, and wouldn't miss being at Henley for anything. Hope everyone has a great run :-)
Feb 2012
6:00pm, 3 Feb 2012
289 posts
  •  
miss_sunshine
Oh dear Avon - maybe I should have packed more than just shorts and a vest ;)

I'm number 337.....but if it looks cold in the morning I'm staying in bed :)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
If anyone is interested, this is a good deal for the Travelodge not too far from the start:
http://...