GB Ultra Thames Trot 50

30 watchers
Feb 2012
5:56pm, 6 Feb 2012
44 posts
  •  
Stouty
Your puzzled BBL they had me as a non starter !!! had to point out it was hard to miss me in the BATMAN suit and came in 4min better than i thought garmin randomly added 4.22mins to my start time !!!

great race love it and loved all the banter only 4 mores races to go until i can burn the outfit unless anybody would like and part worn batman suit ;) promise to wash it ...

Great effort by all yesterday
Feb 2012
7:03pm, 6 Feb 2012
1,536 posts
  •  
Blackbird Leys ( boy)
I know that when i crossed the weir at the end there was no-one within sight of me either way by at least two minutes so in the results there should be a gap of that amount between those either side of me.

Not that i'm bothered because i finished this year and as you said Stouty it is a great race. I think i have grown to love it as well.

If you can get to the start of an ultra on a morning as freezing cold as that was, then you can turn out for anything.

Stouty you and Avon must have been pleased with your times.
Feb 2012
7:32pm, 6 Feb 2012
45 posts
  •  
Stouty
well pleased Avon is chuffed 1hr better than last me 1 min out side pb always next year !!!
Feb 2012
8:33pm, 9 Feb 2012
185 posts
  •  
Avon
Very pleased with the time Stouty. Here's a picture from a friend (Ernie) which shows how cold it was that day.

[IMAGE]

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
If anyone is interested, this is a good deal for the Travelodge not too far from the start:
http://...