GB Relay 2015

1 watcher
Jun 2015
8:39am, 29 Jun 2015
492 posts
  •  
Gogsy!
It's not a 'race' but is anyone else doing this?

gbrelay.com

With exactly a week to the start, there are more than a few spaces left. (Which is slightly worrying.)

More importantly - is there anyone in the Dundee area that fancies helping me do the 10k Stage 54 from Broughty Ferry to Barry on the evening of Wednesday July 8th?
Jun 2015
9:11am, 29 Jun 2015
5,168 posts
  •  
Kimbles
I'm suppose to be doing it but got things on now and might have to pull out. Its not a great time to move to as its the Scottish school holidays and a lot of people are away. The troassachs area in Scotland still has large gaps in it.
Jun 2015
9:45am, 29 Jun 2015
3,005 posts
  •  
minardi.
I just had a nose at this and see that the only unclaimed section in my area is along the A17 which is notorious for accidents (a lot of them fatal). i think i may forgo this :-o
Jun 2015
10:04am, 29 Jun 2015
5,171 posts
  •  
Kimbles
Minardi - you can change the route if you want as long as you get to the next checkpoint at nearly the same time. There were a few that had to do this last year. One of them was near a live firing range and they had to take another route.
Jun 2015
5:41pm, 29 Jun 2015
11,155 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I'm not involved in this, but it's reminded me that Bilbo Baton has been in my spare room for months now :-0
Jun 2015
10:21pm, 29 Jun 2015
921 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I am seriously considering doing a leg while on holiday in the area. However, I would prefer to finish before it gets dark due to there being very few footpaths. Although £25 to enter plus £12 t-shirt is a little bit steep for a 10-12k [non-race] event.
Jul 2015
4:42pm, 1 Jul 2015
493 posts
  •  
Gogsy!
E-mail received today: Sorry. The GBR is postponed (Apparently there's an issue with the Guinness Book of Records so it's postponed until 2016.)

Personally, I don't mind the £25 charge for an event where I have the whole 10k stage to myself ... I've paid almost as much for sharing that distance with 5000 other runners. However, with the 'no refund' policy, £12 for a souvenir top plus admin charge, this could turn out to be a £40 t-shirt if next year's run doesn't take place.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gogsy!
It's not a 'race' but is anyone else doing this?

gbrelay.com

With exac...