Garming 305

2 watchers
Jan 2012
9:43pm, 21 Jan 2012
388 posts
  •  
Miss Ali Bob
I have had my Garmin 305 for about 3 years. I used it last weekish and I have just charged it, unplugged it and now it won't switch on! Has anyone had the same problems! I just can't believe it's dead!
Jan 2012
9:45pm, 21 Jan 2012
485 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Google the how to reset a garmin thing - they do that sometimes :-)
Jan 2012
9:50pm, 21 Jan 2012
389 posts
  •  
Miss Ali Bob
wicked thank you. Found this vid! thank god it worked! thank you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyAw-4GjUJA
Jan 2012
9:54pm, 21 Jan 2012
3,519 posts
  •  
Smout
Mines dead now (i think i dropped it one too many times anthe battery isnt right as it only switches on while connected to power) but I used to get that 'wont switch on' thing when I charged it from the power socket... But never from the USB :-o. 1st time this happened was morning of my 1st Mara - I was not impressed.

Especially when the next day it switched on when I tried. I'm sure I left it plugged in via USB overnight to 'fix' it. Can't remember doing any reset attempt but it was years ago the Garmin site will have the 'press all the buttons for 10 seconds while you pull a silly face' type reset instructions. Good luck.
Jan 2012
9:55pm, 21 Jan 2012
3,520 posts
  •  
Smout
Oh well to slow lol

Glad it's sorted :)
Jan 2012
10:03pm, 21 Jan 2012
390 posts
  •  
Miss Ali Bob
I did charge it at the mains. Next time I know! Tomorrow is my first run in 8 weeks so I wanted heart rate ext so I can see the change! Thank god it works!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Miss Ali Bob
I have had my Garmin 305 for about 3 years. I used it last weekish and I have just charged it, unplu...