Garmin Vivoactive

15 watchers
Feb 2020
5:39pm, 6 Feb 2020
128 posts
  •  
fazmo
We support that theory in our club Chrisull.

Last ditch attempt to fix it before it goes back, did a hard reset (hold button for 15 secs) and then restored to factory defaults. Did an 11 x 885m laps (of a fig 8 course) today and .... get this ... it was right back on it! The average deviation from the average lap distance was only 1.1%, so about 10 metres.

So, is it fixed? I hope so ... its still under suspicion. Today was a clear blue sky, yesterday was cloudy, not sure if that helped it ... watch this space...
Feb 2020
3:27pm, 24 Feb 2020
15,754 posts
  •  
Chrisull
So fazmo, did the hard reset continue to work? If so I might give mine a go too.
Feb 2020
9:23pm, 24 Feb 2020
129 posts
  •  
fazmo
It looks like it Chrisull, seems better but has suffered from wet tree syndrome since I think which masks the improvement ... parkrun on Saturday though was 3.11 miles though and previously the same course has been just under 3.

It was a minor pain setting it back-up again, realising during a run I had the screen set-up sightly differently, then forgetting to change it again after the run, etc ... buts OK now and was well worth it.

I still have a month of warranty, but at the moment feeling like its probably OK.
Mar 2020
11:06am, 10 Mar 2020
15,800 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Ok - I have done a factory reset. I have also made sure that I switched from Smart recording to every second and from GPS to GPS + Galileo (as we are Europe based). Will report back to see if it's improved at all. It really let me down on the last half. My second watch died after a mile, when I rebooted that it said that I'd done the first mile in 6.39 not 6.53 as the VA said. This is quite a considerable difference, I think I'm running on pace, and yet I'm running 14-15 seconds a mile quicker. This obvious can (and did) lead to burn out.
Aug 2020
6:28pm, 26 Aug 2020
17,773 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Mr GM treated me to a Venu - the same as the Vivoactive 4 but prettier graphics - for my birthday. I've taken it out for a run and walk today. I'm really liking it.
The only issue I've had is, when I called in to see my dad on my route home, I paused the activity and it automatically saved it after a few minutes. I've turned auto pause on now as there doesn't seem to be a way of turning off the auto save.
Aug 2020
6:36pm, 26 Aug 2020
3,943 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
GM - if it's similar to the 935 and Fenix then I think it saves it automatically if paused for 25 minutes.

However on those watches when you Pause you get a Save/Resume Later/Delete option, so it would appear the thinking is if you are going to be "paused" for more than 25 mins you should use the Resume Later feature.

Not sure if your Venu has the Resume Later option ??
Aug 2020
8:24pm, 26 Aug 2020
17,775 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I'll look at that Gus - thanks. It seemed to auto save quicker than that but I wasn't really paying attention :)
Aug 2020
10:08pm, 26 Aug 2020
17,779 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I've tested that out Gus, and it's either save or don't. It means you have to keep an eye on it and I missed the 2nd prompt this afternoon as I was chatting, so I've set the auto pause to come on if I stop.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by LordWotsit
I know it's not out to April but what are your first impressions?