Garmin updated all my FIT files

1 watcher
Mar 2016
1:28pm, 27 Mar 2016
165 posts
  •  
Ulric
Got up this am and turned the Garmin on just to see if it had done the clock change. All seemed well and I could cycle through the menus. Pretty sure I turned it off but it was fully charged anyway. 2H later turned it on to go for my run but couldn't get past the splash screen. After a while a panicked and connected to my laptop and did a full backup. After a while managed to get it properly started and did my run. What is weird though is that when I looked closer whilst doing my upload I saw that the timestamp on ALL the FIT files had been updated to 10.16 this morning which was the time it wasn't behaving. This is definite as I had a full backup from earlier in March and they definitely all had appropriate timestamps then. Anyone had this before? There are various eventlogs on it but not looked at them too closely yet.
Mar 2016
2:12pm, 27 Mar 2016
7,105 posts
  •  
Badger
Is it a 310xt by any chance?

That has exactly that bug. When the clocks change, it screws up the history as the watch sees it. The good news FWIW is that it doesn't alter the timestamps in the file itself, and so, even if it resyncs all the files, it shouldn't mess up your history on GC, as it will recognise all the files as previously uploaded.
Mar 2016
2:38pm, 27 Mar 2016
166 posts
  •  
Ulric
This is extraordinary, thanks. I don't recall seeing this before but just checked a backup of mine and I made one on 29th March 2015 and it did exactly the same that day too!
Mar 2016
2:38pm, 27 Mar 2016
167 posts
  •  
Ulric
It's actually an Edge 200 bought 2013 by the way.
Mar 2016
8:42pm, 27 Mar 2016
12,897 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
I have similar issues with garmins whenever the clocks change. It tends to be the 2nd time I turn it on after the change so I'm expecting my edge 800 to have a strop tomorrow....

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ulric
Got up this am and turned the Garmin on just to see if it had done the clock change. All seemed well...