Garmin issue

3 watchers
Dec 2019
7:27pm, 29 Dec 2019
37,504 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Once you have uploaded a run from your Garmin onto Garmin connect can you delete it and try and upload it again?
I have a run and it tells me the stats but just hasn't uploaded it with the route and so it doesn't show where I went and I need it for WSW purposes.
I did set it to run outdoors so that's not the issue.
Dec 2019
7:38pm, 29 Dec 2019
5,218 posts
  •  
Sigh
I don't know the answer, but another non-fetchie friend has had the same problem recently (22 Dec), she uses a FR630. She solved it by changing her settings so it uses GPS + GLONASS and not just GPS. My FR235 is set to GPS + GLONASS anyway so I never experienced a loss.
Dec 2019
7:46pm, 29 Dec 2019
37,505 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Thanks, I have a 35 and never had an issue until today. I am away to go for a walk and see if it's still the same
Dec 2019
9:21pm, 29 Dec 2019
9,849 posts
  •  
larkim
I don't think it will re upload. When a new run is recorded in your watch it gets put into a folder on the watch called something like "new", and when it is successfully uploaded it gets removed from there and put in a "history" folder. So the next time you do an upload there is nothing "new" for Garmin connect to see.

But if you want to re-upload manually you can do that by plugging the watch into a PC and grabbing the relevant file from there and upload to GC manually from the .fit file.
Dec 2019
10:22pm, 29 Dec 2019
14,563 posts
  •  
Rosehip
If you can see the activity on garmin connect you can export the gpx file from the cog/more button and then upload that to Fetch -I think ...
Dec 2019
10:23pm, 29 Dec 2019
37,511 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Thanks Larkim, it says its in my file but wont upload :-( , whatever gremlin decide to jump in and cock things picked the worst day although I have now updated my PC as well as I never really use it for Garmin stuff so it had been a while.
Dec 2019
10:46pm, 29 Dec 2019
11,795 posts
  •  
Badger
Did it show up on Garmin Connect?
Dec 2019
10:50pm, 29 Dec 2019
37,515 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Yeah all the details of my splits, pace, calories etc but just not the route I took

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lip Gloss
Once you have uploaded a run from your Garmin onto Garmin connect can you delete it and try and uplo...