Garmin Forerunner 35 problems

1 watcher
May 2020
12:42pm, 20 May 2020
416 posts
  •  
Mountkeen
I've had periodic display problems with my Forerunner 35 such as severe screen pixellation but now the watch display seems to have given out completely. It's completely greyed out. You can still see certain numbers at certain times but mostly its completely illegible.

I've tried doing soft resets and factory resets all to no avail. Can't say I'm impressed.

I'm even less impressed by Garmin's support website. While I appreciate that we're in the midst of a pandemic it does seem that much of the functionality of the UK website is down. I've had the greyed out screen since early April and despite trying to get some form of support on various occasions there is nothing that seems to be very little that's functional on the site apart from FAQs.

I've sent an email to Garmin in the USA but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Anyone else had similar problems?
May 2020
3:25pm, 23 May 2020
34,911 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry to hear that Mounkeen. No insight I'm afraid. Boinging thread in case anyone else knows.

Garmin used to do a £50 replacement with refurb unit even if out of warranty. I used that a couple times with my old 305 and 310 when they died (usually battery or button problems eventually).

Garmin support was pretty good if you logged it via their website in the past. Haven't used it for several years though. Hope you get a resolution. Best of luck.

By the way, Joopsy was giving away a Suunto for free, if you're interested! :-) G
May 2020
10:20pm, 23 May 2020
7,888 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Sounds like a hardware fault to me. Apparently it is better to phone Garmin than email for support. Try and log a ticket and see what they advise.
May 2020
2:59pm, 26 May 2020
418 posts
  •  
Mountkeen
Thanks for the feedback.

After nothing more than an email acknowledgement from Garmin, I gave their support number a call and eventually got a call back. They're going to do a straight swap of my current watch for a new one.

Can't say fairer than that!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mountkeen
I've had periodic display problems with my Forerunner 35 such as severe screen pixellation but ...