Garmin footpod

2 watchers
Nov 2012
11:48am, 23 Nov 2012
10,073 posts
  •  
controversial
I am thinking of getting a foot pod to go with my garmin. Some questions:
* can i have the foot pod on just for the cadence and get the distance and speed from GPS?
* is it any good at tracking cadence?
Nov 2012
11:58am, 23 Nov 2012
534 posts
  •  
jog-on
I have a footpod and you can set it to favour GPS for speed and distance when there is a signal and it will revert to the footbpod when there is no GPS such as indoors on a treadmill :) MIne picks up cadence no problem and its handy to get stats from a treadmill workout too. Hope that helps :)
Nov 2012
12:07pm, 23 Nov 2012
3,835 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
sometimes use the old footpod from my dead FR50 with my 310xt to keep an eye on cadence in-flight, works great :)
Nov 2012
12:11pm, 23 Nov 2012
10,110 posts
  •  
Ultracat
I have one and its good for checking cadence. Not used it on a treadmill.

Remember to double the number given as it only counts the foot it's on.
Jan 2013
10:37pm, 31 Jan 2013
1,863 posts
  •  
Norrin Radd
Does anyone have a footpod they want to get rid of?
p^2
Feb 2013
12:36am, 1 Feb 2013
17 posts
  •  
p^2
Cadence - tracks it well for running. But when my 310XT is set up for cycling, it doesn't detect the footpod. For cycling cadence I have to use the cycling kit.

There is a setting to choose speed from footpod or GPS (on the 310XT at least). The speed from GPS is very noisy compared to speed from footpod - when doing pace intervals I get much better results using footpod speed.

This is as expected, because the GPS speed is differentiated position (thus amplifying any high-frequency noise in the position signal), whereas the footpod speed is obtained from the acceleration signal by integration, which attenuates high-frequency noise.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by controversial
I am thinking of getting a foot pod to go with my garmin. Some questions:
* can i have the foot pod...