Garmin Connect IQ apps and widgets etc

16 watchers
Apr 2022
12:09pm, 5 Apr 2022
1,451 posts
  •  
Muttley
Does anyone have Garmin Connect IQ add-ins installed and care to make recommendations?

I have this one on my watch, to supply a training metric in a currency I can understand: apps.garmin.com

It works really well. This morning's run:

Apr 2022
12:23pm, 5 Apr 2022
123 posts
  •  
olde english
i do love a beer tracker..its a far my high tech of my 1 pint per mile post race recovery formula. big fan of dynamic watch for nav both on the models with just bread crumb nav and the full mapping spangly thing i have now.
Apr 2022
12:58pm, 5 Apr 2022
1,453 posts
  •  
Muttley
Garmin very kindly opened up their interface so that users could contribute useful and insightful training aids. And almost the first thing they do is programme a beer counter. What does this tell us about the male psyche, I wonder.
Apr 2022
1:02pm, 5 Apr 2022
41,931 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Parkrun barcode is in Barcode Wallet (widget, not full app).

Garmin Pay (that might be default app actually now).

Very little else. Deleted the default golf app! :-) G
Apr 2022
1:07pm, 5 Apr 2022
17,583 posts
  •  
larkim
"Racescreen" datafield is a brilliant way of making sure you're on top of pacing in the event of GPS wobbles and inaccuracies. Hiighly recommended!
Apr 2022
1:17pm, 5 Apr 2022
6,906 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
I love that racescreen app/datafield. :-)

More or less the first thing I installed when I got the Garmin five years ago, and apart from a clock face and a hiking app, that’s all I’ve bothered with since.
Apr 2022
1:37pm, 5 Apr 2022
1,455 posts
  •  
Muttley
I used to have a pacer on my previous watch. It was full screen, enter your target pace and it would tell you how many minutes and seconds you're ahead or behind, with the screen green if ahead and red if behind. That's all. Dead simple and clear and great for races.

But now I can't find it :-)
Apr 2022
6:29pm, 5 Apr 2022
13,892 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I use ‘ rolling average pace' datafield which gives you exactly that, ie it smooths instant pace but is more dynamic than lap pace..

I also use the Garmin Combo Running Power datafield (you need a compatible HR strap)

And the Crystal Watch face

Oh and if use used ‘distance in Opposite Units' before as well!
Apr 2022
8:24pm, 7 Apr 2022
6,919 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
Anyone tried “Face it” to create your own watch face?

fetcheveryone.com/blog/3478/2022/4/447309
Jan 2023
5:10pm, 10 Jan 2023
4,307 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
I downloaded Peter’s Race pacer after a recommendation but the screen is just too full of data. Not too sure why I tried it when I get on perfectly well with a Lap Pace and Average Pace split screen.

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
Does anyone have Garmin Connect IQ add-ins installed and care to make recommendations?

I have this one on my watch, to supply a training metric in a currency I can understand: apps.garmin.com

It works really well. This morning's run: