Garmin Connect fenix 3 Walks -> Fetch Runs

1 watcher
Jan 2017
11:21am, 2 Jan 2017
First-time poster!!
  •  
CaptainBlue
I'm doing a lot of walking to and from work and recording it using my Garmin fenix 3 into Garmin Connect. Fetch fetches all my runs, cycles and walks but cannot seem to distinguish between a walk and a run, so I then have to manually update every single walk to Cross Training - Walking, so ti accurately keeps tabs on distance and kit usage.

Grr!

Any chance of fixing it?

Oh and can I also ask for the training log to display total distance (irrespective of whether it's walking, cycling or running?
Jan 2017
7:56pm, 2 Jan 2017
3,987 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I've reported this to Fetch before. He even asked for a FIT file of a walk to see if he could fix it. Unfortunately it still doesn't work :-( At the moment I just change theactivity type whenever I do a walk.

CW
Jan 2017
12:20pm, 4 Jan 2017
7,915 posts
  •  
Badger
Yup, if it isn't a bike or a swim, it ends up under Run. One thing that would help would be 'if it isn't a bike or a swim or a run, make it generic cross-training', and that's on the consultation list here: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/consultation.php so you could vote for that to bump it up the list a bit.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by CaptainBlue
I'm doing a lot of walking to and from work and recording it using my Garmin fenix 3 into Garmin Co...