Garmin Connect "Authorisation key"

4 watchers
Jul 2016
5:37pm, 2 Jul 2016
8295 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Thanks Badger - I don't know what Fetchies using Garmins would do without you around!
Jul 2016
7:57pm, 2 Jul 2016
3686 posts
  •  
Markymarkmark
I muttered and grumped my way through this process earlier today, since the error message isn't obviously telling you ANT+ Uploader had been ditched. After a password reset and a couple of restarts, I finally saw a message that told me I was using an unsupported upload method so realised they'd finally ditched it.

It took an update to the installed version of Express (as used by Wife's Pink Watch) and a further restart, and a reset of my 405, then a forced repairing and restart before it finally reconnected.

In my day job I as an IT Service Manager I spend a lot of time making sure that development teams communicate changes and testing them before applying them. Why can't Garmin do that? Common courtesy if nothing else.

(And my brain works a bit more slowly after a log run - be nice to me, Garmin!)
Jul 2016
5:10pm, 3 Jul 2016
6 posts
  •  
MDrewett
So.... My 410 is not connecting, as per the issue you guys have been experiencing, invalid authorisation key or something or other. I usually sync via the Ant+ data stick.

Is the conclusion everyone is coming to that we need to discard this now and download the express sync, and if so, to sync in future, do we have to connect the watch with the cable every time?

Thanks! :)
Jul 2016
11:00pm, 3 Jul 2016
3690 posts
  •  
Markymarkmark
My Ant stick still works, but it's a right pain using Express by comparison.

And it was a bit hit and miss installing it and getting it to recognise It. :-(
Jul 2016
8:21am, 4 Jul 2016
7 posts
  •  
MDrewett
Hmmmm I will have to investigate again later, I gave up yesterday when it was asking me to connect my Garmin with the cable and I had already tried various ways of sending the data across. Frustrating!
Jul 2016
8:09pm, 4 Jul 2016
27468 posts
  •  
Old Croc
my Garmin Express won't even open - although synchs seem to be working in the background.
Jul 2016
9:10pm, 4 Jul 2016
8315 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
MD - having followed the advice above, I am able to upload from my 310XT via the Ant+ USB date stick thingy still - it is just that the process is being run through Garmin Express with no sign of the Ant Agent software. It is still wireless, though.
Jul 2016
8:12am, 5 Jul 2016
8 posts
  •  
MDrewett
Thanks Synge, that sounds promising, I will have to give it a go this week at some point!
Jul 2016
11:16am, 5 Jul 2016
7864 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I installed Garmin Express last night.

Seemed to work ok.

Didn't have to do anything with the ANT+ agent. Assume that that has been disabled?
Jul 2016
11:23am, 5 Jul 2016
725 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
I've been forced to switch to Garmin Express for my 410, seriously pissed off about it.

Installing Express uninstalled Ant+ Agent.

About This Thread

Maintained by rf_fozzy
I'm having issues in getting my 310xt to upload to Garmin Connect (and henceforth to Fetch).

It ...