Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Garmin autopause

1 watcher
Jun 2013
5:36pm, 6 Jun 2013
8865 posts
ChrisHB
Does anyone know:

If I run through a tunnel and the Garmin loses reception, does it knock that time and distance off my run? Is it different with autopause on and off?

If I slow down to 2 mph, do I lose the time and distance with autopause (I think the answer is yes, but without autopause it's credited to me).

It seems to take more than a couple of seconds to notice I've stopped or started - I think those seconds get added to my time when I stop, and a couple of metres don't get included in the distance when I start, so a run with much starting and stopping can be quite inaccurately measured. Is that right?

What does anyone think about the value of the feature? I'm quite happy to have it stop recording time if I wait to cross a road or tie my shoelaces, but not so happy to have it discount my efforts when the terrain is unrunnable.
Jun 2013
5:48pm, 6 Jun 2013
1008 posts
monsenb1
I never use autopause..crossing a road, going for a pit stop, having a pie, whatever..its always on 'til the end of the run..
Jun 2013
6:17pm, 6 Jun 2013
8866 posts
ChrisHB
I didn't use it on my first Garmin because that's how it was delivered; on the second it was active, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
Does anyone know:

If I run through a tunnel and the Garmin loses reception, does it knock that ti...

Close