Garmin 610

2 watchers
Mar 2012
11:31am, 16 Mar 2012
8,484 posts
  •  
Pootle
I have found one of these on eBay for around £20 less that the other cheapest place online. The only thing is, it's coming from Israel which doubly concerns me.

For starters, it means I have to wait up to two weeks for it rather than two days, and also does anyone know it that will affect any sort of warranty it comes with?

Maybe I should just buy a Nike Sportband...
Mar 2012
11:48am, 16 Mar 2012
28,728 posts
  •  
Hendo
Apparently it has a Gaza strap.

Ifanu
Mar 2012
12:05pm, 16 Mar 2012
12,045 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I have bought both gamins from Israel with no issues, or puns.
The first one died after 3 years in case you were wondering.

I'll f-mail you who I got it from if I can find it in my history.
Apr 2012
4:51am, 30 Apr 2012
581 posts
  •  
icklevee
I saw those too Pootle but was concerned re any issues & returning if faulty. Have ordered one from Run Online for £263.99 which is a great deal cheaper than some sites.
Apr 2013
9:48pm, 29 Apr 2013
66,788 posts
  •  
GregP
Hendo should get a medal for that joke. Brilliance.
Jul 2013
10:43pm, 17 Jul 2013
32 posts
  •  
barryparker
All,

Just a quick note on Garmin 610 for any users.

I've had my 610 for about 16 months. Last few months the back started to corrode and a blue residue was being left on my wrist. It finally came to a head about 2 months ago when it was actually starting to cut my wrist as it was so rough where it had corroded.

Anyway, I got in touch with Garmin even though it was out of warranty to see what they said.

Responses were slow coming back (about 10 days for each email response) however they actually agreed to replace it free of charge with a refurbished one without any pushback. Refurbished one basically means an unwanted returned one as it is brand new as far as I can work out.

I've now got my new one and I can see they have changed the back on this updated model and the back is now a combination of metal and plastic - which not only looks like it should solve this problem but also has the advantage of making it lighter.

Thought I'd post it on here in case anyone else is having similar issues to let you know to get in touch with Garmin!

Baz
Jul 2013
8:40pm, 20 Jul 2013
987 posts
  •  
icklevee
Thanks for that. Mine is just over a year old and I had same prob but with the strap pins and strap which had started to perish. Contacted Garmin and they sent me out a new strap and pin kit no charge

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Pootle
I have found one of these on eBay for around £20 less that the other cheapest place online. The on...