Garmin 310XT and ANT Uploading

3 watchers
Jan 2012
6:51pm, 18 Jan 2012
2,411 posts
  •  
Boycie
Has anyone else experienced issue with their Garmin 310XT along similar lines to this? A week or so ago, mine started "playing up", by which I mean you switch it on and the GARMIN start screen appears and the it remains seemingly frozen on this for anything between 45s and 2minutes before going to the locating satellites and then lock on.

I found this rather annoying as you can imagine, so first off tried a hard reset, which didn't do anything other than meaning i had to redo all my screens etc. then i updated the ANT software to V 2.2 (I have a mac), nothing happened here, and then also updated the device's firmware, again nothing happened to change the problem above, but these two things have introduced another "timing" issue, in that it now takes anything up to 10 minutes to upload a run!!!

Bleeding heel!!!

Any ideas gratefully received !!!
Jan 2012
7:45pm, 18 Jan 2012
57 posts
  •  
oi you
I've been having very similar problems for some weeks - since well before Christmas - both the slow start-up & slow up-load. It doesn't always happen, but I've not figured out if there's any pattern to it.
I might try turning off the auto-upload to GarminConnect to see if that makes any difference to the upload issue. Do you have it set to auto-upload?

Also, have you recently upgraded to 4.20 firmware for the Garmin? I did the upgrade after the issue started, but sadly it didn't fix it.
Jan 2012
8:13pm, 18 Jan 2012
2,412 posts
  •  
Boycie
Hi there, yes i also upgraded the firmware to whatever it thought was the most recent, but that seemed to if anything make the problem worse!!!
Jan 2012
8:59am, 19 Jan 2012
2,413 posts
  •  
Boycie
bounce :-) anyone else with this problem and better still a solution??? :-)
Jan 2012
9:28am, 19 Jan 2012
58 posts
  •  
oi you
There's a few comments here forums.garmin.com which seem to suggest clearing device memory after every upload. Seems to be a good few people with the problem.
Jan 2012
10:31am, 19 Jan 2012
2,414 posts
  •  
Boycie
Thanks for that oi!!!!!
Jan 2012
12:16pm, 19 Jan 2012
1,648 posts
  •  
ndellar
I had the exact same problem - freezing on Garmin screen for ages then taking 20 mins to upload a 4 mile run! I have all the most up to date firmware / software ...... just clearing out all the device training history worked for me. It hasn't played up since (which is what I think they are basically saying in Oi's link)
Jan 2012
1:46pm, 19 Jan 2012
2,415 posts
  •  
Boycie
thanks wonder woman :) i will be trying this tonight!!!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Boycie
Has anyone else experienced issue with their Garmin 310XT along similar lines to this? A week or so ...