Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Garmin 235 - available activity types have changed

2 watchers
Sep 2019
7:03pm, 3 Sep 2019
29002 posts
♪♫ Egnys ♪♫
My Garmin 235 offers various activity types which can be enabled or disabled under the Activity Profiles sub menu. Until today, it offered five settings: Run, Run Indoor, Bike, Bike Indoor and Other. Each can be individually switched to Show or Hide.

Today the Other setting has disappeared completely, both from my main Activity menu and from the Activity Profiles sub menu.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Sep 2019
7:21pm, 3 Sep 2019
3302 posts
StuH
Have you tried the Garmin forums?
Sep 2019
7:37pm, 3 Sep 2019
29003 posts
♪♫ Egnys ♪♫
Thanks, Stu, yes, but I haven’t found this issue raised there yet. I’ll ask there too.
Sep 2019
7:48pm, 3 Sep 2019
29004 posts
♪♫ Egnys ♪♫
OK - issue resolved by resetting the watch to Factory Defaults.

Turns out the the Bike Indoor option which I assumed had always been there had most likely (somehow!) replaced the Other option. After the reset I am back to:
Run
Run Indoor
Bike

Other

[I’ll leave this thread here in case anyone else has this problem.]
SPR
Sep 2019
11:16pm, 3 Sep 2019
29154 posts
SPR
I have a FR230 with all five options so that doesn't sound correct. Unless Bike Indoors was added in an upgrade.
Sep 2019
7:56am, 4 Sep 2019
29007 posts
♪♫ Egnys ♪♫
I’m guessing slightly because I really don’t know whether Bike Indoors was there as a hidden option all along. I had never been to the relevant Activity Profiles screen before and only found it while trying to resolve this.

What is for sure is that Other disappeared completely!
SPR
Sep 2019
9:08am, 4 Sep 2019
29155 posts
SPR
I actually don't remember a time without all 5 TBH. I know Garmin can change things sometimes with a software upgrade but if you haven't upgraded recently then sounds like a watch issue.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by ♪♫ Synge ♪♫
My Garmin 235 offers various activity types which can be enabled or disabled under the Activity Prof...