garmin 220 problem

1 watcher
Apr 2016
10:30am, 26 Apr 2016
100 posts
  •  
Granny2-3
My just over 1yr old 220 is playing up. Last weel it froze on 87% charging so i did a hard reset. At the weekend it froze again on 7 miles. Again a full reset followed by a factory restore. Today it will not load the activity saying it does not have any history even though shows in the weekly totals. Has anyne else had issues like this and what was the outcome. I have emailed garmin support but am tempted to launch it into orbit. So frustrating!
Apr 2016
11:33am, 26 Apr 2016
3,498 posts
  •  
minardi
Garmin support are usually quite helpful. Hope you get something sorted. (funny how everything goes wrong once the one year guarantee is up!)
Apr 2016
1:06pm, 26 Apr 2016
8,456 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Just a thought but mine did a software update the other week? (It's about the same age as yours, no issues so far...)
Apr 2016
2:13pm, 26 Apr 2016
16,718 posts
  •  
Meglet
Try deleting old runs? They generally don't function as well if there is a lot of data there.
But another suggestion to contact support-call them though, they're hopeless by email!
Apr 2016
3:51pm, 26 Apr 2016
4,487 posts
  •  
WolfDancer
I would agree and disagree about how well the support works. Disagree that they are quite helpful. But agree that they are useless by email.

Havent tried contacting them by phone myself though. But they were useless at helping sort out a problem with an Edge 500. It corrupts data on some activities and the file shows that it was modified at the time it gets connected to the PC. They wanted error codes which were non existent. All i got was an "unable to sync device" message popping up for a second or so.

Deleting older stuff regularly has helped the problem happen less often, but it does still happen :-(
Apr 2016
8:05pm, 26 Apr 2016
101 posts
  •  
Granny2-3
Just done a software update so watch this space. Thanks everyone for your input.
May 2016
5:24pm, 7 May 2016
8,534 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Different problem - between Wednesday evening and today my lap top does not want to talk to the Garmin - I can't upload the FIT files on here as I keep getting a Windows message about formatting the disk and then it tells me the Activity folder isn't accessible. I have tried re-installing Garmin Express but that hasn't helped. Any ideas anyone?
May 2016
5:45pm, 7 May 2016
8,535 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Garmin website suggested a Boot block - this seems to have worked but has deleted everything in the process!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Granny2-3
My just over 1yr old 220 is playing up. Last weel it froze on 87% charging so i did a hard reset. At...