Garmin

1 lurker | 207 watchers
Oct 2021
11:59am, 19 Oct 2021
1,573 posts
  •  
jelly (limegreenjelly)
Ok I think it’s got a little to do with the days! Just noticed something!
Oct 2021
12:03pm, 19 Oct 2021
1,574 posts
  •  
jelly (limegreenjelly)
What it’s recorded as Sundays sleep is actually Saturday night!

Saturdays sleep is recorded as 0621-0929 which is right!

So then the watch has recorded Sunday as Sat night!
Obviously it can’t cope with me working night shifts!
Oct 2021
12:13pm, 19 Oct 2021
1,575 posts
  •  
jelly (limegreenjelly)
It’s already recorded an early morning sleep for today so tonight it’s going to be confused and say it’s Weds?
Oct 2021
12:28pm, 19 Oct 2021
15,798 posts
  •  
larkim
I think the day associated with sleep is the day you wake up. Just looking at mine, my "Monday" sleep is what I woke up after yesterday morning even though I went to bed on the Sunday.

So is it that if a sleep starts and ends on the same day, it is shown with the "correct" date, but if it starts and ends on two different days (as would be "normal" for those not working shifts) it is shown as being related to the day you woke up?
Oct 2021
1:01pm, 19 Oct 2021
10,409 posts
  •  
Sigh
What does the movement section of the graph on that day show?

Here's the movement:

I had a restless night, and went to the loo once, so it's about right. I agree that the sleep/wake time settings shouldn't matter, but I didn't know if they made any difference or not; looks like Jelly has solved it anyway!
SPR
Oct 2021
1:02pm, 19 Oct 2021
35,502 posts
  •  
SPR
Yes, day you wake up is how I read it. So a sleep has already been recorded for Tuesday for me.
SPR
Oct 2021
1:03pm, 19 Oct 2021
35,503 posts
  •  
SPR
X-post. Sigh I was wondering about Jelly, yours looked fine. As you say, Jelly looks to to have been looking on the wrong days.
Oct 2021
1:23pm, 19 Oct 2021
1,576 posts
  •  
jelly (limegreenjelly)
Yep it’s just confusing looking at what is essentially thursday nights sleep recorded as Friday!
Oct 2021
10:14pm, 19 Oct 2021
5,058 posts
  •  
quimby
I don't wear my watch in bed, but I would be interested to see the timing data for getting up for a wee. I would say 98% of mine would be within 10 mins of 03:30.
Oct 2021
11:54am, 29 Oct 2021
4,734 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Anyone use the "Race a previous activity" and also use the strava Segments feature on a Garmin watch ?

I find them very confusing, because in both cases they show you whether you are ahead/behind your previous time, but they show it in opposite ways.

In Race an Activity - a negative number means you are ahead of your previous times ( and positive number means behind ), whereas in the Segments it is the converse, ie a positive number means you are ahead and a negative behind.
support.garmin.com

Why on earth have they set it up this way, I can never remember which is which on Segments, luckily on Race an Activity them the screen colour changes which helps.

I think the way they have it set up for Race an Activity is more logical, if you're comparing one time to another then -0:10s says intuitively to me that that is quicker, not slower. If you watch cycling then in time trials that's the way it is used - negative means quicker, also in swimming for intermediate splirs, etc. Not sure why they have negative means slower when racing a previous Segment time.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
For all questions and comments about Garmin devices, including importing to Fetch.