Game of Thrones

61 watchers
May 2019
3:00pm, 21 May 2019
5,780 posts
  •  
Dooogs
Either manipulating events or, more likely, platituding to make himself sound clever. Those quotes always give Bran a 'Jesus from Sunday Heroes' vibe to me... ;)
May 2019
3:57pm, 21 May 2019
20,255 posts
  •  
Meglet
What about Dario and how are things in Essos? Where did the Dothraki end up? (and how come so many are left anyway?) Who was the lord sitting next to Edmure Tully? Who is the new prince of Dorne?

And presumably winter is still coming? Does Sansa have enough supplies? Surely they used every scrap of wood on BoW and the funerals?

Lots of loose ends but I think they’re minor plot points and I don’t particularly mind that we don’t know. Stuff for the books I’m sure
May 2019
11:05am, 22 May 2019
9,458 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Have read some quite funny comments from people spotting things like how Jon leaves Greyworm slaughtering soldiers in the streets only to find Greyworm with Dany by the time he gets to Dany. Or Ayra trotting off on a white horse at the end of ep 7 only to be back staggering around the castle walls at the start of ep 8. I guess I wasn't enough into to spot stuff like that :-)
May 2019
11:18am, 22 May 2019
31 posts
  •  
mph.run
Wasn't a fan of that ending, could have done better is how I'd mark it.

Was like they were keen to get to the pub or something.
May 2019
11:19am, 22 May 2019
20,256 posts
  •  
Meglet
I wonder if this series feels different as we only had two locations, Winterfell and Kings Landing, and in half of the episodes we were just in one place. We’re used to multiple storylines in GOT, which means we only got small amounts of each per episode. In addition there were many episodes where not much action happened, a lot of it was setting up later storylines. Most series don’t get going until 3 or 4 eps in as they’re tying up old stories and starting new ones.

S8 (and S7-there’s an awful lot happens in just 7 episodes) certainly had a very different feel.
May 2019
11:21am, 22 May 2019
20,257 posts
  •  
Meglet
It’s difficult to see how they could have done it differently though. Aside from finishing an ep on Dany’s death and then using a whole one to tie up the issue of who rules
May 2019
12:12pm, 22 May 2019
12,764 posts
  •  
Homer
I think you're spot on Meglet. In previous series they would jump to another location to update us on what was happening there. By the time they cut back things had moved on. I think the story telling approach stayed the same, just the number of story threads reduced as everyone merged into one location.
May 2019
6:03pm, 22 May 2019
5,882 posts
  •  
postieboy
If they had made it like the first six seasons, Dany razing King's Landing and getting murdered by Jon would have happened in episode nine with the final one tying things up. Would that have worked better?
May 2019
7:10pm, 22 May 2019
5,788 posts
  •  
Dooogs
I think so - or 7 final episodes with the same pacing-ish, up to Ep 5, Dany's stabbing in Ep 6.

The problem then is how to avoid padding in Ep 6, given the relative lack of stuff between Cersei's/Jaime's deaths and Dany's death...
May 2019
7:27pm, 22 May 2019
15,904 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I came late to GoT - as in about 5 weeks ago. We have binge-watched it all and I enjoyed the last episode. Maybe that was due to watching so many episodes in quick succession.

I'm going back to the beginning to watch it all again now I know what happens, to look out for the clues and note how the characters develop due to the events that take place to and around them.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
There was a thread. 100% sure of that. Seems to have vanished.

No idea if the show will feed an e...