Gallstones :-(

2 watchers
Mar 2013
6:20pm, 9 Mar 2013
5,363 posts
  •  
*Anj*
Both My mum and Sis have had their gall bladders out. Both seem ok on it.

Fingers X'd for a straight forward surgery and quick recovery
Mar 2013
6:21pm, 9 Mar 2013
6,564 posts
  •  
KatieB
I'm glad you have a date. It really is an awful pain. Xxx
Mar 2013
6:25pm, 9 Mar 2013
24,362 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
You should feel much better afterwards :)
Mar 2013
6:28pm, 9 Mar 2013
823 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Much love Mrs Jigs xx
Ted
Mar 2013
6:36pm, 9 Mar 2013
12,772 posts
  •  
Ted
I've only just noticed this thread for the first time. Hopefully the procedure is what you need. I hope it is not too invasive
Mar 2013
7:54pm, 9 Mar 2013
20,904 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Thanks everyone :-)

It will be keyhole, Ted so recovery should be quick :-) I am hoping so anyway as I am considering an autumn marathon so training will start 2nd week of June.
Mar 2013
7:56pm, 9 Mar 2013
7,657 posts
  •  
Caterpillar
Don't you just hate the juxtaposition of threads?

Dinner tonight shall be ...
Gallstones

(Sorry to be flippant. Hope the surgery - which is pretty common - goes simply and well.)
Jul 2015
12:17pm, 13 Jul 2015
300 posts
  •  
snogard
I have just been diagnosed with Gallbladder pain, Dr gave me the same tablets that his lordship has for this Barratts. Need to wait for an ultra sound appointment. I went to the Dr with back pain that I couldn't account for and felt wrong.
Aug 2020
3:15pm, 3 Aug 2020
108 posts
  •  
sweetpeas
*pops head in*

How are you doing snogard?

MrsJigs did the surgery go well?

I have a feeling I have a grumbly gallbladder. It's really getting me down. Only had one "attack" which was bloody painful for about 10 minutes after having wine and homemade risotto - I'm never eating risotto again. But had pretty much constant naggy pain (which moves about a bit, sometimes as high as my diaphragm, sometimes feels like I've been kicked in the right kidney, sometimes shoulder pain, mostly right middle under the ribs) since April. Just feeling sorry for myself I guess.

Ulstrasound on 1st September. Meanwhile, is there anything I can do? It's hard to untangle what is linked to whatever this is, and what's lockdown anxiety.

TIA

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

.... so that's why I have been in discomfort :-(