Gainsborough and Morton 10k 7/11/21

3 watchers
Nov 2021
6:02am, 9 Nov 2021
58 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
Yes I can remember it being generally wet and with lots of puddles.
Just had a look back at the times I ran for both events, and they were both quite a bit off from my others around that time. You obviously transition well from pure roads to set than PB.
Good luck in your next race there!
Nov 2021
9:00am, 9 Nov 2021
73 posts
  •  
nme2no1
This was my local event. This course also happens to be my default running route, so I've covered the same ground a fair number of times. I grew up near the start/finish, and still live nearby. Despite that, this was only my second time running the 10k event , and first time as a member of the Gainsborough & Morton Striders running club. I've only been a runner since 2017, and didn't join the club until after the 2019 event.

I came away with a SB and course PB of 43:57.

And yes, it very often involves some headwind along that exposed stretch, regardless of which direction you run it.
Nov 2021
9:08am, 9 Nov 2021
509 posts
  •  
riggys99
Well done nme2no1
I really enjoyed it and will be back next year
Nov 2021
10:45am, 9 Nov 2021
74 posts
  •  
nme2no1
Thanks riggys. Well done yourself. I'm not quite as swift as you.
Glad you enjoyed our little event.

I'm pleased it wasn't scheduled for the Sunday before, because the weather was far less pleasant.
Nov 2021
11:44am, 9 Nov 2021
59 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
Good running nme. It was a very tough day with the wind. I’ll definitely be running it again next March, and will be aiming for sub-40.
It was a case of straight in and out for me with this one, but the event organiser always put on great events, as I’ve done quite a few of theirs in the past.
And very true about the weather the previous weekend. This is what’s left of the awning on our caravan…

It’s supposed to be on the opposite side! 😂
Nov 2021
1:41pm, 9 Nov 2021
76 posts
  •  
nme2no1
Thanks Mr Grumpy. Congrats on your PB. It will be quite something to take that under 40 next time out.

And oops on the awning. The weather certainly did a number on that for you!
Nov 2021
2:14pm, 9 Nov 2021
510 posts
  •  
riggys99
That doesn’t look good Mr Grumpy

The race according to the Tape2Tape website is 6 November 2022
tape2tape.co.uk
Nov 2021
3:00pm, 9 Nov 2021
60 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
I had it marked down on my wish-list for Sunday 20th March. It must have been rescheduled since I first added it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by riggys99
Anyone doing this or has done it before feel free to chat about it here