Full medical

1 watcher
Dec 2012
8:28pm, 30 Dec 2012
46,058 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Persoanlly i would steer clear of a PSA test(if i was male that is and your age)
Dec 2012
8:32pm, 30 Dec 2012
23,144 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I wouldn't offer the finger thing because my finger isn't long enough to be of any use for the purpose. And also wouldn't have a PSA test at present - I've yet to pick up a case of prostate cancer with a random screening PSA, though it's useful when someone also has symptoms. Whereas I *have* seen a fair number of men being lumbered with investigations, follow-up and anxiety because we can't ignore a marginally high PSA result.
Dec 2012
8:35pm, 30 Dec 2012
6,476 posts
  •  
The Terminator is Premier League
Thanks gang, knew I could rely on you for sensible advice, will book myself in for MOT at end of January when have worked off Xmas excesses :-)
Dec 2012
8:40pm, 30 Dec 2012
46,061 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
exactly vrap
I disapprove of random PSA for that reason
My finger is long enoigh, but i get enought botty stuff at work ta

Termie, if its an issue with your GP, then I will listen to the chestivels and might even do you an ECG
Dec 2012
9:40pm, 30 Dec 2012
6,477 posts
  •  
The Terminator is Premier League
Thanks Hipps, you mean if the MOT shows up an issue or whether my GP just has an issue with authorising one? Should I ask for one then?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by MaT.T
Hi medical people. A quick question.

OH is insisting I have a full medical before I set off on '...