Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Fruit and veg in cheese: for or against?

4 watchers
Aug 2019
7:15pm, 12 Aug 2019
3811 posts
Alice the Camel
A pear or apple alongside a chunk of mature cheddar is food heaven.
The only ready combined one I enjoy is Stilton with apricots, but only in moderation.
I did try the sticky toffee one in the farm shop, it was ok but overpriced in my opinion ;-)
Aug 2019
7:22pm, 12 Aug 2019
20451 posts
Meglet
Not a massive fan but I do like Wensleydale with cranberries (I generally find Wensleydale too tasteless). I like the sound of Stilton with mango and ginger, but I found the apricot one too boring.

I like a strong cheddar with my fruit cake. (Two contradictory Yorkshire things, liking cheese with fruitcake but not Wensleydale. Hey hi, Iā€™m only adopted Yorkshire)

Can you see the theme? I like strong flavours especially when it comes to cheese.
Aug 2019
10:07pm, 12 Aug 2019
179 posts
Love Lettuce
Fruit and veg with cheese yes: cheese and fruit cake; apple; celery; quince - amazing.

Fruit and veg in cheese? NO! Sacrilege
Dec 2019
7:06pm, 7 Dec 2019
24873 posts
Wriggling Snake
Manchego and Membrillo
Dec 2019
7:16pm, 7 Dec 2019
10795 posts
NDWDave
Cauliflower cheese
Cheese and piccalilli sandwich

Yep!
Dec 2019
8:11pm, 7 Dec 2019
36478 posts
Derby Tup
No - obviously

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dvorak
Tasty combo or work of the Devil?