Frozen Shoulder(s)

10 watchers
Feb 2021
1:55pm, 20 Feb 2021
45,155 posts
  •  
LindsD
Fingers crossed. If I can get one in London....
Feb 2021
1:33pm, 25 Feb 2021
4,323 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I'm overly excited - have just had the post and there's a letter with an appointment to see my consultant on the 9th March. No guarantee of course but it must mean he's prepared to consider the steroid jab :-)
Feb 2021
3:55pm, 25 Feb 2021
45,272 posts
  •  
LindsD
that's brilliant! I have been lax with my exercises the last few days and can feel it.
Feb 2021
12:52am, 28 Feb 2021
3,555 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Great news LMH 🍀

I have had to drive 3.5 hours to my parents for an urgent meeting with social services. Plus 2 nights on the sofa and stress is playing havoc with my shoulder. Have been sorting out wardrobes and hoading all day so I am hoping that I am ok to make the journey home tomorrow. I think Monday could be painful. And then I have to repeat again in a few weeks!! I am praying that my next steroid injection is before my return visit but that is wishful thinking.
Feb 2021
6:46am, 28 Feb 2021
4,326 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
That does sound very stressful WP. I hope that the drive home isn't too painful. Are you having regular steroid injections?
Feb 2021
11:17am, 28 Feb 2021
3,556 posts
  •  
Thanks LMH xx

I had 1 injection in October which worked for a few months but then I had a set back so the physio has sought agreement from the consultant to have another one. I am not sure what happens if that wears off too soon.

Anything repetitive really affects it - and this weekend has involved lots of lifting and moving things around which I probably shouldn’t be doing - plus the driving and sleeping on the sofa so it is bound to flare up. Hopefully a few days rest when I get home will help it settle again. Almost a year in so I keep telling myself that I am 2/3rds of the way through :-)

Flare ups are better than constant pain for months on end - and it does get better. Compared to 11 months ago, it is now bearable so fingers crossed for those suffering 🤞
Feb 2021
2:00pm, 28 Feb 2021
4,328 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
A shame that the last one didn't last long WP. I've found that when I've had them for other things - they either don't work, work for a few months or the issue is resolved by the time they stop working. I know I'm only nine weeks in but I would love a bit of respite - and some sleep.
Mar 2021
9:57pm, 2 Mar 2021
3,560 posts
  •  
Hope you can find a way of getting some rest/sleep. I remember what it was like and was so grateful when I found something that helped. Fingers crossed for you.
Mar 2021
10:21am, 8 Mar 2021
58,270 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I think this is the most comprehensive and useful article I've read about frozen shoulder.

physio-pedia.com
Mar 2021
8:30pm, 8 Mar 2021
45,517 posts
  •  
LindsD
That's really good. Thanks Dio

About This Thread

Maintained by
I have recently commented on a thread about my dodgy shoulder and as it appears to be a common thing I thought I would start a new discussion (thanks to LindsD for the idea).

Anyhow I found this discussion from a few years back:
fetcheveryone.com/forum/frozen-shoulder-can-i-still-run-or-will-it-make-it-worse-55037/
which I thought I would include for some info.

#frozen #shoulder #msk #musculo #skeletal #musculoskeletal

NHS info: sussexmskpartnershipcentral.co.uk

NHS exercises: sussexmskpartnershipcentral.co.uk

Link from Dio - very interesting/ useful info
physio-pedia.com

Gentle neck exercises