Frozen Shoulder(s)

10 watchers
Feb 2021
12:44pm, 19 Feb 2021
3,546 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Sorry to hear that LMH, like the others I thought it was a sex related injury 😂

Is it the pain that is keeping you awake or position. FWIW - I have had to use a sling and v pillow for the bad days. Deep heat has given me some relief - although bed partners may not agree so I moved into the spare room.

I hope you can manage to get some proper sleep which will help xx
Feb 2021
1:16pm, 19 Feb 2021
4,305 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Unfortunately I've found neither V pillow nor sling helpful with sleep. I slept on my left side until my accident but that is still too painful to sleep on nearly seven years later so I sleep on my right - which I can no longer do - and my shoulder hurts sleeping on my back too. I've tried a pillow under the bad arm, different depth pillows under my head, propping myself up to various degrees, codeine and paracetamol.
Feb 2021
1:54pm, 19 Feb 2021
45,125 posts
  •  
LindsD
:(
Feb 2021
5:19pm, 19 Feb 2021
4,306 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I am only seven weeks post bad fracture so maybe continued healing of that will help - it was definitely the fracture and associated swelling and bruising that was the cause of the pain initially.
Feb 2021
8:28pm, 19 Feb 2021
3,548 posts
  •  
:-(
Feb 2021
8:48pm, 19 Feb 2021
45,137 posts
  •  
LindsD
I have to say that the steroid injections sorted out the worst pain for me. Not the movement, but the pain.
Feb 2021
9:51am, 20 Feb 2021
4,309 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
My physio wants me to have a steroid injection into it sooner rather than later but it's debatable whether the consultant will agree as they are not keen to do them with CV19.
Feb 2021
10:46am, 20 Feb 2021
3,550 posts
  •  
LMH - I had the injection in October and had a telephone assessment first to take me through the risks and fully assess me. They wouldn’t do it when I first did it as not enough was known about the impact of C19, etc. Once they were happy to proceed the waiting was due to availability of someone to administer as a lot of staff had been redeployed to other units.
Feb 2021
11:24am, 20 Feb 2021
45,150 posts
  •  
LindsD
I had one last year, LMH. I had to fight for it as they were all cancelled owing to CW19 but I managed to get one done and it was extremely safe. And very helpful.
Feb 2021
1:51pm, 20 Feb 2021
4,311 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I'll be very happy to have it done and my consultant does them himself so if he's amenable it should hopefully happen soon but his secretary was pessimistic.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I have recently commented on a thread about my dodgy shoulder and as it appears to be a common thing I thought I would start a new discussion (thanks to LindsD for the idea).

Anyhow I found this discussion from a few years back:
fetcheveryone.com/forum/frozen-shoulder-can-i-still-run-or-will-it-make-it-worse-55037/
which I thought I would include for some info.

#frozen #shoulder #msk #musculo #skeletal #musculoskeletal

NHS info: sussexmskpartnershipcentral.co.uk

NHS exercises: sussexmskpartnershipcentral.co.uk

Link from Dio - very interesting/ useful info
physio-pedia.com

Gentle neck exercises