Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Frozen Shoulder(s)

4 watchers
18 Jul
10:00am, 18 Jul 2020
3234 posts
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Hi Susie, I only tick the age box too. Thanks for sharing your experience.

The lack of running is more to do with the bra issue. As some would say, I am very blessed in that area and need to wear a sports bra which I can’t get into a the moment without hurting myself.

The lack of sleep has been my main issue but I have found a way to get comfortable for most of the night.

I have also found a way to apply deodorant and just had a few inches trimmed off my hair so not so much to brush as it had got quite long. Just need to find a way to get clothes over my head now!!

I had my online hospital appointment yesterday and they are referring me for some physio support via phone/video plus an X-ray. I am also on the waitlist for an injection just in case the pain doesn’t improve.

When I originally did it back in March I thought I had torn something in my upper arm/shoulder as I had instant pain when I threw a ball.

Fingers crossed the pain subsides soon and I can improve on the mobility.
18 Jul
8:35pm, 18 Jul 2020
30713 posts
LazyDaisy
I'm sorry to hear about your painful experience WP. I have a much less painful shoulder, and it doesn't stop me sleeping, but when I wake in the morning my shoulder and neck are really stiff. I think it's a result of smashing my elbow a few years ago.

But my point of posting, is to suggest front fastening sports bras. I started using them when my mobility was limited while recovering from that broken elbow. I have some from M&S and my preferred ones are by Triumph. Might be worth a look?
19 Jul
9:18am, 19 Jul 2020
3238 posts
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Thanks LazyDaisy - I will check them out. As I am well blessed I have never thought of front fastening.

Yesterday I banged my elbow (same side as shoulder) which sent an awful pain up/down my arm - much worst than a funny bone knock. I had to lay down as I felt faint and sick from the pain. I must admit I had a little cry too. I assume it is all related as the standard pain is between shoulder and elbow.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
I have recently commented on a thread about my dodgy shoulder and as it appears to be a common thing I thought I would start a new discussion (thanks to LindsD for the idea).

Anyhow I found this discussion from a few years back:
fetcheveryone.com/forum/frozen-shoulder-can-i-still-run-or-will-it-make-it-worse-55037/
which I thought I would include for some info.

#frozen #shoulder #msk #musculo #skeletal #musculoskeletal

NHS info: sussexmskpartnershipcentral.co.uk

NHS exercises: sussexmskpartnershipcentral.co.uk