•  
Ted
It bloody well has you know. That cost me 4 secs according to my Garmin time :(
Mar 2010
9:29am, 9 Mar 2010
49 posts
  •  
brotherjohn
The revised results are now up, but I think everyone knows by now what they were going to be. Ignoring the mix up, the time keepers did seem to have very slow thumbs at the Frostbite on Sunday, maybe it was the cold. That is at least 3 seconds too slow.
Mar 2010
11:21am, 9 Mar 2010
50 posts
  •  
brotherjohn
The time they have given me I mean.
Mar 2010
9:56am, 10 Mar 2010
51 posts
  •  
brotherjohn
One of my best ever performances, and I got left out of the results on the Power of 10 web site:-( I would get a very good for age ranking for that run. It is also down as being a X/C race!
Mar 2010
9:58am, 10 Mar 2010
4,973 posts
  •  
Rach E
BJ, I typed the results up for Athletics Weekly/PoT and, as the organisers don't specify which age category all the runners are in on the results, unfortunately vet times can't be listed. This maybe something to raise with the organisers in the future?
Mar 2010
10:09am, 10 Mar 2010
4,974 posts
  •  
Rach E
P.S. BJ - I worked out who you were on the results and have asked that you be added (presume you were first M50)? Also, is it a five mile road race?
Mar 2010
10:18am, 10 Mar 2010
4,367 posts
  •  
emjaybee
It is actually a certified 5 mile road course, so is there any chance of getting the XC bit changed to road. Then at least the times will appear in the proper searches.
Mar 2010
1:00pm, 10 Mar 2010
52 posts
  •  
brotherjohn
Thanks Rach E, there is obviously no way you could know the age categories of the runners involved. Like you, I can only presume I was first M50. There were no names ahead of me that I recognise. I was just a little disappointed not to see my name on PoT when I checked it, but I am sure it will get sorted out.

I might try raising the matter of us oldies getting some recognition in the Frostbite, it seems to be one of the few events that doesn't do it. Anyone have any ideas about who I should get in touch with? Maybe through my club?
Mar 2010
1:12pm, 10 Mar 2010
4,369 posts
  •  
emjaybee
The Frostbite AGM takes place around June/July so that would be the time to get your club representative to raise the matter. Each runner in the series has a unique number so it wouldn't be difficult to attach a "Date of Birth" to this and auto generate an age category in the results for each race. The age information would need to be supplied by the clubs for the active runners though.
Mar 2010
1:35pm, 10 Mar 2010
53 posts
  •  
brotherjohn
Thanks emjaybee, I'll see what I can do.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ted
Frostbite Friendly League

frostbiteleague.org.uk