8:59pm, 13 May 2012
Scooba SteveFour years ago I 'damaged' my right foot training for 2008 Paris marathon, my first one and the only race I've ever done a reasonable amount of training for.... it's took four years of persistence with various medical practitioners and departments to finally get a diagnosis and acknowledgement something is actually wrong!
After an MRI scan a couple of months ago I have been diagnosed with signs of 'Freiburg Disease' which affects the end of the metatarsal head but normally comes on during adolescence rather than early 30's, I also have a neuroma in there as well just for good measure!
Here's a nice pic of the offending metatarsal http://www.fetcheveryone.com/gallery-showphoto.php?filename=8394_15756.jpg
Does anyone have any experience of this or know anything about it?
I've had a cortisone jab into the joint this week to see if it helps and to establish if it's this or the neuroma causing me grief - consultant says he thinks it's the joint and that it can be 'tidied up' if it is - feels a lot better after the cortisone and I've ran pain free tonight!
Any info appreciated
10:12pm, 13 May 2012
Scooba SteveAnyone? Is it that rare?
About This ThreadMaintained by Scooba Steve
Four years ago I 'damaged' my right foot training for 2008 Paris marathon, my first one and the on...
- Negative watched thread count watch, do you have negative watched thread count?
- So, um, this is weird. Shia LaBeouf is watching all his movies, back to back, for three days non-stop. And this feed allows you to watch him
- Numpty question on LSR pace
- Post your photos of signs here
- Stretch, strength, core... do you? :-)
- Google Suggested sites
- What have you not-exactly-panic-bought but, y'know ...?
- An Orange Lifeboat - Are you new to Fetch because The Other Place built a paywall?