(free) Peak District Guided Trail Runs

7 watchers
Nov 2021
9:27am, 9 Nov 2021
106 posts
  •  
olde english
If you fancy a bit of exploring of the Peak District my club Youlgrave Harriers have been doing guided trail runs around the area for the past few months. We're steadily building a good crowd. No fees or membership etc just register you re coming via the website https://www.youlgraveharriers.com/events. Its something we do to keep us entertained. Old routes are all on the website as well, though be careful if using if your navigation is ropey as we intentionally go down some 'is this really a path' paths. Next 1 is 21/11........

GUIDED TRAIL RUN: SUNDAY 21/11 TAKE ME TO CHURCH WITH A ROACH (LUDS CHURCH AND THE ROACHES)
REGISTER YOU'RE COMING BY ADDING YOUR NAME HERE

When and Where: Sunday 21st November, 9:45 for 10:00 start.

Start: Tittesworth Reservoir , main car park goo.gl

Distance: 9 mile

Climb: 1200 ft

Terrain: Farm land, woods, trail some rocky paths

Route Description and Map: Starting from Tittesworth its 4 miles across rolling farmland and trails until we reach the woods and Luds Church. From there its a steady climb onto the Roaches where we get a fix of the big views for a couple of miles. Its then the return run of gentle downhill for 2 miles back to Tittes.

GPX and interactive map: will appear after recce 13/11

Facilities: Parking, toilets, cafe.

For all our Guided trail runs as long as you can jog about 6 mile on the flat you'll be fine. Pace isn't important, these are social runs where we'll have walks up the hills and stay together. We operate an all is welcome policy on our Sunday 'Guided Trail' runs.

If you have any questions please contact us.
Nov 2021
9:33am, 9 Nov 2021
9,070 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
What a great idea. I'm not in that part of the world but we did holiday very close to that reservoir a few years back and it would have been great to have done something like this. Thanks for posting.
Nov 2021
9:57am, 9 Nov 2021
52,642 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I’m from not a million miles away but don’t live in Derbyshire now. Nice idea Youlgreave Harriers
Nov 2021
10:12am, 9 Nov 2021
32,245 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I that is going to be quite a hard 9 miles, let alone the 1200 feet, I am thinking the mud around Luds Church, will be very good when get up to the top of the Roaches.
Nov 2021
10:51am, 9 Nov 2021
1,906 posts
  •  
auburnette
Shared it with a friend who lives locally :)
Nov 2021
11:51am, 9 Nov 2021
75 posts
  •  
nme2no1
Otherwise engaged on 21st, otherwise I might have considered this.

I have very little trail experience, and I do favour the tarmac, but a guided effort in the Peak District sounds great. Not particularly local to me, but not out of reach.
Nov 2021
8:30am, 11 Nov 2021
107 posts
  •  
olde english
thanks for sharing auburnette :). nme2no1.. due to pick the dates for the jan/feb runs over the nx wk and add them to the diary...no experience needed, routes are always recced a few times if not already known (something to do on my lunch breaks) to mk sure i pitch them to the right audience. just need some suitable PE kit, namely shoes that can cope with a bit of 'mixed' terrain. Might go snow hunting up Kinder for the Jan run. keep an eye on the events page on fetch or on website or add your name to the youlgrave harriers newsletter list. youlgraveharriers.com .
Nov 2021
10:41am, 11 Nov 2021
78 posts
  •  
nme2no1
Thank you olde english, I will keep an eye on future developments.
I have some shoes that I've done trail in before, but they weren't very grippy on the muddier bits, so I may invest in something a little better when funds allow.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by olde english
If you fancy a bit of exploring of the Peak District my club Youlgrave Harriers have been doing guided trail runs around the area for the past few months. We're steadily building a good crowd. No fees or membership etc just register you re coming via the website https://www.youlgraveharriers.com/events. Its something we do to keep us entertained. Old routes are all on the website as well, though be careful if using if your navigation is ropey as we intentionally go down some 'is this r...