We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Free 1 mile road race in the City of Londonshire

1 watcher
May 2014
9:01am, 30 May 2014
11505 posts
  •  
  •  
Naomi P
cityoflondonmile.co.uk

Yes, they were charging £15 but now it's free. It is really, I just entered.

One mile road race, Sunday 22nd June, by St Paul's. If you already have a travelcard, it will cost you the princely sum of no pounds at all. F.A.B.

Here's the Fetch listing

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=95610
May 2014
9:14am, 30 May 2014
924 posts
  •  
  •  
lady alton
I'd be tempted but is clashes with Richmond 10K!
May 2014
10:12am, 30 May 2014
1575 posts
  •  
  •  
sLickster
I heard this on marathontalk this week - so are all those who paid £15 (or £10 with the MTALK discount code) getting a refund now it is free?!?
May 2014
10:33am, 30 May 2014
839 posts
  •  
  •  
Fitz
Id' be tempted but it also clashes with Ackney Arf Marathon.
May 2014
10:44am, 30 May 2014
469 posts
  •  
  •  
Johnny Panic
No, if you buy goods full price in a shop, then they go on sale, you can't go back and get refunded the difference.
May 2014
10:55am, 30 May 2014
11506 posts
  •  
  •  
Naomi P
My guess is that they weren't getting much traction on entries so they've made it as enticing as possible, without actually paying people to run it.

It's a nice thing for families to do, there's one category where you can run with up to 3 kids who might find it fun to run on part of the Olympic marathon course round St Paul's.
May 2014
11:23am, 30 May 2014
1755 posts
  •  
  •  
Nelly
sLickster - I think I remember reading somewhere (twitter?) they would be offering refunds to those who paid, although admittedly that might be a figment of my imagination.
May 2014
12:05pm, 30 May 2014
1756 posts
  •  
  •  
Nelly
"Those who have already paid to enter will be contacted regarding a full refund. You can still opt to race on behalf of a charity." from twitter.com
May 2014
12:19pm, 30 May 2014
470 posts
  •  
  •  
Johnny Panic
I stand corrected... Maybe I should base my posts on reality.

It would be a fool's paradise though as if everyone did this the internet would fall into disuse.
May 2014
3:40pm, 31 May 2014
1828 posts
  •  
  •  
Hackett
Entered that as I missed the Westminster Mile through injury and illness......

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
www.cityoflondonmile.co.uk

Yes, they were charging £15 but now it's free. It is really, I just entered.

One mile road race, Sunday 22nd June, by St Paul's. If you already have a travelcard, it will cost you the princely sum of no pounds at all. F.A.B.