Four Villages Helsby Half Marathon

28 watchers
Jan 2015
9:02pm, 18 Jan 2015
18,406 posts
  •  
sioux
Welcome to Fetch!

I agree with Monseb re diary change. (Good to see you today)

It fits well as an early test of fitness for spring maras.

Move it and it'll just get lost with a load of other 1/2's and there'll be a gaping hole in the race calendar!

Well mine anyway.

This was the 1st yr I have t been ill or injured or both!!
Was Dex on for a course pb and a chance of an outright one.

Oh well!!

Worse things can happen and in this wigwam did on Friday night so I ain't gonna worry about it.

(I do wonder if the lack of my flapjack was a bad omen too)
Jan 2015
9:43pm, 18 Jan 2015
6,555 posts
  •  
Barky
Sensible decision overall, and knowing the course I suspect it was not brill in some parts. Got back to my sisters and went out for a steady 9miles instead. Good to see some good old faces :D ;). As for moving it - :S, yes it is sad to cancel twice in 3 yrs, but in all the time I have known the race (abt 9ys), that's not bad goin for a winter 1/2M.

it is a good event, run well by a good club - and ppl like that :)
Jan 2015
9:46pm, 18 Jan 2015
1,504 posts
  •  
monsenb1
Always good to see you Sioux :)
..you were nailed on for a PB today...
in the end I ran 13.1 miles around where I live..
it was hard to motivate myself to do it once I got back home..but its done now..so thats kick started my training for London marathon..
(Sioux without flapjack..always a bad omen :p)
Jan 2015
10:44pm, 18 Jan 2015
18,407 posts
  •  
sioux
I did 4m in freezing rain. I'm off tomorrow so will nail the 13.1m then and still be able to do another long one next Sunday.

The flapjack (lack of) was the result of family problems on fri evening that resulted i no sleep and Saturday dealing with aftermath.

I almost didn't show today but was told I had to by my very insistant son and that I had to have a good time.

He was more disappointed than me that the race was cancelled!

Anyway, never again will I show up flapjackless at an event!!!

Barky, who you calling old!!!

In 33yrs it's been cancelled twice.

Not bad going really.

Just one of those things.
Jan 2015
3:59pm, 19 Jan 2015
303 posts
  •  
KingKenny72
sioux - The bakery half. I didn't realise there was a half option on Marathon day.

It needs to stay in January imo.
Jan 2015
4:27pm, 19 Jan 2015
18,410 posts
  •  
sioux
Yup but looks like we're all going to be asked to vote.

I'll do bakery too I think.

Off on 15feb and feel frustrated I didn't get a chance to at least try to get close to pb yesterday.
Oct 2015
3:22pm, 19 Oct 2015
2,715 posts
  •  
Nelly
So they've decided to stick with the same time of year, so the race date for 2016 is 17th January. Entries have been open a couple of weeks and it looks like they've had about 800 entries so far (I think entry limit is 2000?). I've yet to commit my money, but I think I'll be going back again, anyone else?
Oct 2015
3:42pm, 19 Oct 2015
286 posts
  •  
larkim
I'm in - though having (as of yesterday) acquired a broken little toe, not entirely certain how speedy I might be by then!

I reckon its a ticket worth buying in any event as there is a ready market in transfers and the club welcome transfers done through the online system.
Oct 2015
4:03pm, 19 Oct 2015
1,636 posts
  •  
monsenb1
I'm in too!
Jan 2016
11:26pm, 11 Jan 2016
13 posts
  •  
CtrlAlzShift
Got my running pack - and I'm pleased to see there are full road closures this year. With the weather looking a bit polar at the weekend, at least it shouldn't be cancelled because of the danger of slipping traffic.

About This Thread

Maintained by
entries now open fabian4.co.uk

always fills up early