Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Four Villages Helsby Half Marathon

• events
  • halfmara
  • marathon
28 watchers
Jan 2019
10:13am, 20 Jan 2019
253 posts
roberton
I meant raining. I have even less reason complain about it being racing.

Speaking of which, always impressed by those turn up in singlets/t-shirt and shorts when it’s cold rain. I can’t imagine being that hard.
Jan 2019
10:28am, 20 Jan 2019
6600 posts
larkim
Good luck today. I ran the course at half seven this morning and the course is perfect - see your at the finish!!
Jan 2019
12:09pm, 20 Jan 2019
17617 posts
Steady Edina
Good luck everyone. I really enjoyed it the year I did it
Jan 2019
2:35pm, 20 Jan 2019
6601 posts
larkim
Lots of smiles at the finish, looks like most enjoyed it!
Jan 2019
5:04pm, 20 Jan 2019
255 posts
roberton
Indeed. Good atmosphere for a non-urban run in damp weather (it was good for running, but less so for standing around for two hours!). Had a brief but lovely chat with one of the helpers at the end when I was buying a T-shirt (which came in its own goody bag, I feel I can now go out in full #4vhm attire). She asked me if I will do it again next year, to which I instinctively said "yes", but actually I probably will.

Oh, and the race? Went well. I'll write a blog entry on it at some point with brief details but I was very pleased with the whole thing.
Jan 2019
5:08pm, 20 Jan 2019
13213 posts
Autumnleaves
I really enjoyed it - second time around for me. Will definitely do next year as I still haven't been able to 'run it properly'! Larkim sorry I missed you at the end but I was definitely smiling :)
Jan 2019
6:21pm, 20 Jan 2019
6604 posts
larkim
I didn't spot any Fetch attire today but glad you both had a good time! It was my first experience of doing any volunteering roles at a race, and it was hard work - really makes you appreciate what goes on behind the scenes, and I only did a relatively simple stint!!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

Close