Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Forerunner 405CX problems :-(

1 watcher
Mar 2012
1:37pm, 2 Mar 2012
876 posts
Damiank
Hi there,
I finished a run the other day and when attempting to turn off GPS, the crazy bezel instead thought I wanted to go To Location. It came up with the compass screen, and then resolutely refused to let me get off that screen to the GPS menu. Now I can't turn off GPS, so the watch runs down.

I have tried resetting (pressing and holding start and reset for 7 seconds) - no luck: when the watch reboots it just starts searching for satellites again, and when found goes to the To Location screen. I have tried letting the battery run out, then recharging - a similar story.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Mar 2012
1:44pm, 2 Mar 2012
7277 posts
ChrisHB
My solution to all such problems has been to let the battery run down. For me it's worked and I'm a bit surprised it hasn't for you.
Mar 2012
1:47pm, 2 Mar 2012
877 posts
Damiank
Yes, I've done that for a similar problem in the past, no luck this time though :-(
Mar 2012
5:30pm, 2 Mar 2012
7280 posts
ChrisHB
What if you prevent it from finding satellites by hiding it in the fridge? Just something daft to try.

I don't know how the bezel works. If it's pressure on the inside, maybe you have a bit of dirt there; if it's electrical on the outside, maybe a good clean will help.

personally I think it works by intermittent magic with the emphasis on intermittent.
Mar 2012
10:42am, 3 Mar 2012
878 posts
Damiank
Fixed! All I had to do was go to the place on the To Location. Took a bit of finding, but once I was there the watch went back to normal GPS mode, and I was able to turn things off - handy tip if anyone gets a similar problem :-)
Mar 2012
12:04pm, 3 Mar 2012
7286 posts
ChrisHB
Thus are our lives controlled by machines.... Well done.
Nov 2012
10:45am, 19 Nov 2012
255 posts
pdavey
hi,

Can anyone tell me why my elevation and route have not been recorded from the half I did at the weekend?

connect.garmin.com

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi there,
I finished a run the other day and when attempting to turn off GPS, the crazy bezel inste...