For All Mankind

4 watchers
Nov 2022
5:42pm, 11 Nov 2022
870 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
I have watched season 3, roflaherty. I didn't think it was as good as some of the reviews suggested - too many implausible storylines for me to really suspend disbelief - but overall it was pretty entertaining. Good cliffhanger ending in the last episode - they were obviously anticipating a fourth season!
Nov 2022
4:09pm, 17 Nov 2022
29,988 posts
  •  
roflaherty
Oh interesting. I quite enjoyed the idea that the space race would have reached this stage by the 90s in this alt-timeline. It was clearly a mirror on current events.

Sadly I feel that the show only has one or two more seasons before they can call it a day. Right now one of the selling points of the show is its alt-history and when they reach the 2020s they will be going into the present day and not history....

If all that makes sense.
May 2023
6:26pm, 15 May 2023
412 posts
  •  
AJLB
I've finally got to the end of season 2, waiting on the very delayed home media release. I loved every minute, as I fully expected with the old DS9/BSG crew behind the scenes (and some lovely direct Trek references towards the climax of S2). My only criticism is the title sequence/music - it's just rather ponderous and sets an unhelpful tone. Still not every show can reach the dizzy heights of "Where my heart will take me" ;)
May 2023
6:41pm, 15 May 2023
301 posts
  •  
roflaherty
It is a special little series. What's the plans for season 3?
May 2023
7:00pm, 15 May 2023
413 posts
  •  
AJLB
I'm hoping the DVD release log jam will break soon! I might listen to the podacasts to tide me over too. Either that or a BSG rewatch...
May 2023
10:54am, 19 May 2023
303 posts
  •  
roflaherty
Hmmm, I just checked. There's no plans for a season 3 release yet. I wonder would they tie it in with season 4 being released...
Oct 2023
5:56pm, 10 Oct 2023
441 posts
  •  
AJLB
Just started on season 3 on disc today - edge of the seat stuff. I was amused by the blurb on the box describing it as "the grittiest sci-fi ever", as that describes pretty much the whole Ronald Moore oeuvre, from DS9 through Battlestar to this.
Nov 2023
8:36am, 9 Nov 2023
310 posts
  •  
roflaherty
Season 4 kicks off this week!!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by roflaherty
Is anyone else here a fan of the Apple TV series For All Mankind?

For anyone who's interested: it tells the alt-history of how the space race would have evolved had the American's been beaten to the moon.