Footpod Recommendations for Treadmill?

3 watchers
Aug 2021
11:35pm, 11 Aug 2021
First-time poster!!
  •  
AndersSchm
I have a treadmill at home and have been using a Milestone/Zwift footpod to record distance accurately with my Forerunner 935. I've found the reported distance fairly accurate after calibration but it now seems like the footpod is no longer communicating - without the footpod the 935 over estimates my distance covered by about 20%.

My only complaint with the Zwift pod was I found I was always replacing the battery and now it has failed think I should try something else - does anyone else here use a footpod on their treadmill to record runs accurately and would you recommend any particular model/brand?
Aug 2021
7:50am, 12 Aug 2021
12,449 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I use a North Pole Engineering RUNN which works well for me.

store.npe-inc.com

Also available from the Zwift store, but itโ€™s slightly cheaper direct.
jda
Aug 2021
8:17am, 12 Aug 2021
10,616 posts
  •  
jda
I have used the garmin pod fine with a watch but got the polar one for zwift (due to wanting BT). Itโ€™s been fine too.
Aug 2021
7:37am, 13 Aug 2021
5,312 posts
  •  
westmoors
I have the Garmin one, and it seems pretty good to me.
Feb 2022
5:15pm, 20 Feb 2022
6 posts
  •  
AndersSchm
Sorry forgot to respond to this - I went with the North Pole Engineering RUNN option in the end - thanks for the recommendation.
Feb 2022
12:32pm, 22 Feb 2022
1,031 posts
  •  
Bowman ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช
The best one is apparently Stryd, but it also very pricy.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by AndersSchm
I have a treadmill at home and have been using a Milestone/Zwift footpod to record distance accurate...